Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New target (Read 1627 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
New target
Aug 25th, 2020 at 3:56pm

My sister in law was going to throw this away... Now it’s a tennis ball target in my yard. I need to measure it to see how the size compares to a Balearic target.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Re: New target
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 4:33pm

That's perfect! Don't throw too hard or you might pop the stitches of the baskets loose.

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 7:22pm

Awesome!  I'm curious about the height too.  Like if the field goal at the top is close to what a headshot might be.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:54pm

Found it on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/GoSports-Challenge-Football-Footballs-Scoreboard/dp/B07QK...

It says the area is 31”x37”, and the center hole is 7.4” across

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 12:01am

It was pretty well used when I got it, but it withstands full-power hits from a tennis ball at 10yds without trouble. I’ll try to post video if I get a chance.

... and yes. If you can hit the top hole, you can hit a skull. Height is reasonable, and the hole is only 6” across according to the Amazon Q&As. I’ll try to measure it tomorrow.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 1:34am

Perfect tennis ballball target! How easily does it fold away?

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Shakli

City Slinger

Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 2:06am

Wow that is perfect!

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 7:04am

Ooooooooh very nice!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #8 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 4:50pm

Ok... I measured the target myself today: 30”x37” total.  Center hole is 12”, and the others are 9”.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #9 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 9:42pm

For reference...

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1547186309

A standard target is 47” square with a 20” Diana in the center.

... oh and Kick asked:
Kick wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 1:34am:
How easily does it fold away?

It’s pretty portable in the bag. You could walk with it to a park fairly easily as long as you aren’t walking for miles. 

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #10 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 4:43pm

I agree. Absolutely perfect!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #11 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:17pm

As promised, I shot some footage so you can see the target in action. 

https://youtu.be/MyXMkoj5oXg

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #12 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 6:01am

Super duper find, and great video!
What is your technique called?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 3:16pm

Ooh! Do I get to name it?  So far my technique has been called “inconsistent,” and the “you didn’t even need a sling for that” style Smiley

The best description by slinging.org standards is probably Byzantine, but I like the idea of getting to name my own style, so I’m going to call this the “Wild NOOC Chicken Wing” style since the elbow goes up and down from throw to throw Grin

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #14 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 3:24pm

Done! I'll add it to the list!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Kick, Morphy, Chris)