Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big fish story (Read 779 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Big fish story
Aug 24th, 2020 at 1:58am

I would’ve posted in the slinging section if I had any evidence, but alas you will have to just believe it or not...

I was tossing tennis balls for the dog, and my 5yo was launching stomp rockets (basically foam airplanes that launch into the air when you stomp on a bag of air) in the yard. He started taunting me saying that I couldn’t hit one with the sling.  My wife was sitting in a hammock chair, but she was too busy holding the baby, and after a flying leap to land on the launcher... my son was facing the wrong way when I knocked his rocket out of the sky. Two people were with me and neither one saw it!  Grrr... I really wish I had a camera set up.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Big fish story
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 8:43am

It's always the way. My accuracy dips considerably when I start filming Cheesy I just remember the one tennis ball shot I got where I wedged it perfectly in the handle of the big pan target. It had to be just one of the random throws after I stopped filming Angry I wish I had got that on film. I'm sure there are others that I've forgotten now but that one particularly stands out for me.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 9:37am

actually snap shots like that are usually easier to hit than a fixed target.
Your hind brain takes over and you don't have time to think.
It's thinking that usually buggers up accuracy.

So yeah I beieve you Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 12:28am

It honestly wasn’t that difficult of a shot. It was only about 8 yards away and gliding slowly. I really wish my 5yo had seen it though, because he’s the one I wanted to impress.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Archaic Arms
Funditor

Testing and inventing
"Archaic" weapons.

Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 2:31am

I can relate to that, would have been great to see!
Sometimes things work out though, like when I was on a hike and my dad threw a stone in the air, which I proceeded to hit with another stone. He was surprised. Kick wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 8:43am:
It's always the way. My accuracy dips considerably when I start filming 

That's unfortunate. Weirdly, I experience somewhat the opposite in that the video rolling makes me focus more.
A bit of pressure can help sometimes.

Regards,
Lewis
IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 7:48am

I’ve done a similar thing , one time a work colleague asked me to hit a stop sign, I nailed it first throw then he said I bet you can’t do it again , after the second hit I put the slings bag away claiming superiority!!!

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 12:45pm

What C_A said. 

We've got a pretty good ballistic computer if we can just keep our fingers off it...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)