Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
40k shots fired! New test. (Read 879 times)
Shakli

City Slinger

40k shots fired! New test.
Aug 22nd, 2020 at 8:37am

Results where not what I expected at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKic67ovjRc

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: 40k shots fired! New test.
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2020 at 11:37am

Nice slinging!  40k, that's an impressive feat just keeping track!  Smiley

IP Logged

Shakli

City Slinger

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2020 at 12:59pm

I am shooting indoors.  10 shots at a time that all land close to each other....  Not so hard to keep track.  If I was mostly practicing outside then yes I guess that would get hard.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2020 at 9:08pm

Nice.  Subscribed.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 12:55pm

Nice shooting Shakli!  It’s fun to watch your improvement in such a compressed timeframe. It takes some people years to make the progress you’ve made in months.

...and yes, like any sport, once the basic motions are down, it becomes a head game.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:39am

I really wish I kept better track of my accuracy but I'm really not one for numbers. It's super impressive what you've achieved.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:50am

One thing that is interesting to note is that the further back you go, the more relaxed with your throwing power you become. You throw much harder at 10m than at 30m. This could certainly have something to do with the consistency that you observed. I like throwing hard, but if I dial back the power just a bit, my consistency does seem to improve after a bit of mental recalibration.  Glad to see you are continually improving!

John R.

IP Logged

Shakli

City Slinger

Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 3:01am

Oxnate wrote on Aug 22nd, 2020 at 9:08pm:
Nice.  Subscribed.

Thanks  Smiley

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 12:55pm:
Nice shooting
...and yes, like any sport, once the basic motions are down, it becomes a head game.

So true been playing with this a little.  If I take some slow breaths before shooting to really calm down accuracy goes up....

Kick wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:39am:
I really wish I kept better track of my accuracy

I was just looking for a way to track progress.  Could have easily have chosen hours practiced.  In hindsight that probably wold have been a better and easier way to go.  But started with this so will keep with it.

IronGoober wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:50am:
You throw much harder at 10m than at 30m.  I like throwing hard, but if I dial back the power just a bit, my consistency does seem to improve

Since I could not hit the target at 30m last time I tested yes was so concentrated on technique that I forgot about power.  Now that I seem to have my basic form working I think I will spend the next 10k throws working on finding how hard I can throw without hurting my arm.  Problem with power is that it makes me want to get every little bit I can out of the throw and our arms cant handle it over many repetitions.  I am going to have to pay very very close attention to how my arm feels after every throw. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark)