Hair Sling (Read 1466 times)
Captain_Twine
Descens

Substance is a Word.

Somewhere with crummy rocks
Hair Sling
Jul 29th, 2020 at 5:28pm

The graphic explains it all.

“For as this ought, or ought not, expresses some new relation or affirmation, 'tis necessary that it should be observed and explained; and... a reason should be given, for what seems altogether inconceivable, how this new relation can be a deduction from others, which are entirely different from it. ..[V]ice and virtue is not founded merely on the relations of objects, nor is perceived by reason.”

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Re: Hair Sling
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2020 at 5:50pm

Aren't you supposed to grip with your teeth?

John R.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2020 at 6:31pm

Excellent idea Cheesy

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Captain_Twine
Descens

Substance is a Word.

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2020 at 9:48pm

IronGoober wrote on Jul 29th, 2020 at 5:50pm:
Aren't you supposed to grip with your teeth?

An even better idea! I didn't think of that.

“For as this ought, or ought not, expresses some new relation or affirmation, 'tis necessary that it should be observed and explained; and... a reason should be given, for what seems altogether inconceivable, how this new relation can be a deduction from others, which are entirely different from it. ..[V]ice and virtue is not founded merely on the relations of objects, nor is perceived by reason.”

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2020 at 7:46pm

The tooth grip is known as shark style and everyone knows sharks eat bears as part of their diet in retaliation to the salmon murders every year.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2020 at 7:47pm

Trying to remember if I ate mushrooms. This is usually how it feels after eating them.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2020 at 11:42am

Wouldn't the razor grenades cut the sling unless you padded the grenade somehow?    whistle

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - Jul 31st, 2020 at 12:37pm

Mersa wrote on Jul 30th, 2020 at 7:46pm:
The tooth grip is known as shark style and everyone knows sharks eat bears as part of their diet in retaliation to the salmon murders every year.

Shark-style razor grenades?! Come on!  Everyone knows that sharks prefer to sling laser glandes, and they always aim for the eyes Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Captain_Twine
Descens

Substance is a Word.

Reply #8 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 2:02pm

Bill Skinner wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 11:42am:
Wouldn't the razor grenades cut the sling unless you padded the grenade somehow?    whistle

That's the tricky part - It's all in how you place it in the pouch. Padding does help a lot though. I once traveled to the Sharktooth Archipelago in the Pacific back in '17, where I picked up the idea for the Hair Sling from the native islanders, who braided their long hair into slings. They used the style in conjunction with razor grenades (leftover unexploded ordinances from the second World War) to hunt a variant of island bear. The more unpracticed youngsters tended to accidentally wind up with buzz-cuts after improperly loading their hair-slings. I met with the elder to discover the secret before trying it myself, but I wasn't able the master the "shark-tooth grip" for which the islands are named (hence its absence in the graphic.)

IP Logged

Captain_Twine
Descens

Substance is a Word.

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 6:56pm

...In case any of you were wondering, the razor grenades were an experimental weapon that the Japanese Empire tested later in the war, and ultimately were rejected, because they were too dangerous to throw (Cut fingers and hands, etc.) Most of them were dumped in massive quantities, and the Sharktooth islanders have been using them ever since. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Chris)