Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Leather star pocket with centripetally activated cord retention ring sling (Read 773 times)
AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Leather star pocket with centripetally activated cord retention ring sling
Jul 28th, 2020 at 7:17am

-
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2020 at 4:53am by AncientCraftwork »  

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Leather star pocket with centripetally activated cord retention ring sling
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2020 at 8:24am

I was thinking about one of your previous threads . about frictionless slings and I came up with the idea in the picture. simple idea and apparently others came up with it long ago. I havent tried to make a practical design because I believe the result will be a bulky sling with high drag and not much to offer.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2020 at 8:59am

yeah, before he went totally evangelical bat-guano-crazy, techstuff did make some really cool kit. (that was his name before the whole yahweh - business).

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2020 at 12:17pm

Didn't know he was Techstuff, but just read with his latest posts and I find myself in agreement with what he said. But I think the way he posted was not the right way to approach nonbelievers in Christ.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Captain_Twine
Descens

Substance is a Word.

Somewhere with crummy rocks
Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2020 at 12:52am

"Leather star pocket with centripetally activated cord retention ring sling..." It's a mouthful, but it also sounds really, really cool. I initially imagined some kind of contrived sling with all kinds of complicated hardware, knots, pulleys, etc.

“For as this ought, or ought not, expresses some new relation or affirmation, 'tis necessary that it should be observed and explained; and... a reason should be given, for what seems altogether inconceivable, how this new relation can be a deduction from others, which are entirely different from it. ..[V]ice and virtue is not founded merely on the relations of objects, nor is perceived by reason.”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Kick)