Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
All about Lucid Dreaming (Read 2676 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: All about Lucid Dreaming
Reply #15 - Jul 27th, 2020 at 8:13pm

Although some doubt this, premonition dreams are very real. I've had a few. After having one you are quite certain it wasn't a regular dream.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #16 - Jul 27th, 2020 at 10:53pm

For whatever reason I’ve had these throughout my life. Most recent being one about a virus outbreak in China about 4 months before even the faintest whisper about Covid. Don’t expect anyone to believe me but it happens. Not totally sure why or how but eh.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2020 at 1:50am

I remember my dreams quite often, because I sleep terribly at night and wake up probably a dozen times.  I used to have the wackiest dreams that were almost like watching a thriller/action/scifi movie. Now I dream mostly about mundane stuff like work. I miss my crazy-ass dreams.

John R.

IP Logged

NimNom
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2020 at 4:07pm

Rat Man wrote on Jul 27th, 2020 at 8:13pm:
   Although some doubt this, premonition dreams are very real. I've had a few. After having one you are quite certain it wasn't a regular dream.

I had this premonition dream once.
I was digging for clay, but all i was finding was low quality mud stuff. Later that night, I dreamt that I dug 6 inches deeper and found a large clay deposit. Sure enough the next morning, I dug 6 inches deeper and the clay was there!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #19 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 2:04am

Well I had three nightmares in succession last night and barely slept at all. I had a slight amount of control but everything I did made them worse Cheesy I was trying to work out the reason when I remembered I had had a beer yesterday evening.
Kick wrote on Jul 25th, 2020 at 2:13am:
I had had a beer earlier and alcohol always, without fail, messes with my dreams and my sleep so I'm not sure if it helped me or was the reason it was so short.

My brain does not like alcohol.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #20 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 6:49pm

Kick wrote on Aug 12th, 2020 at 2:04am:
Well I had three nightmares in succession last night and barely slept at all. I had a slight amount of control but everything I did made them worse Cheesy I was trying to work out the reason when I remembered I had had a beer yesterday evening.
Kick wrote on Jul 25th, 2020 at 2:13am:
I had had a beer earlier and alcohol always, without fail, messes with my dreams and my sleep so I'm not sure if it helped me or was the reason it was so short.

My brain does not like alcohol.

Eating spicy food too late in the evening will also have that effect on me.  I've had some really  crazy arsed dreams because of that.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #21 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 7:01pm

Few people I think can point out one dream over all their others that was the weirdest dream they’ve ever had. I can believe it or not. I still remember it and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I was dating a chicken. And, no, that’s not some type of post-modern metaphor for the complicated nature of our relationships, she was a chicken and she worked at a radio station as a receptionist or producer for a radio show.

I called her up at work and saw a split screen of me and her talking on the phone as you often see on tv. I’ve forgotten what we talked about. Then later I was walking her home. I was holding onto her wing and walking beside her as we talked. I can’t remember the rest. The weirdest thing was nothing else was abnormal in this dream. And everyone treated the chicken like it was totally normal she was talking and dating a human.

Her name was Sophia in the dream if I remember correctly which has its origins as a Greek word for Wisdom. I can assure you there was no wisdom involved with this dream. Nor, surprisingly, drugs, a mental breakdown or spicy food. Just a man, his chicken and a poultry love affair for the ages. 

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #22 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 2:27pm

My weirdest dream ever, of many, many VERY weird dreams,  was absolutely drug induced or I should say lack of a drug induced.  When my Lyme Disease was raging I was on many meds.  Too many to mention.  One of them was Neurontin.  It was for nerve pain.  One day I ran out.  Even though it said in the directions that you should never suddenly stop taking this drug, in that it isn't a narcotic I thought I'd be OK for one night.  Wrong!
    I went to sleep and had the most intense, psychedelic, hallucinogeinc dream of my life.  It was very Lovecraft-ish.  I was on top of this sort of temporal whirlpool looking down at the history of all life on earth.  I could see every creature that ever lived through every stage of their evolution, from the first simple single cell  creature through every human that had ever been.  At one glance I could see every aspect of all of these lives.  It wasn't like I was just looking at a picture.  I actually had all of their memories all at once.  We're talking trillions of creatures through hundreds of millions of years of evolution. It was like all of time had been squashed into a single instant.  I woke up with smoke coming out of my ears.  I was afraid to go back to sleep after that though I was eventually able to.  That was absolutely the last time I ignored the instructions on the Neurontin bottle. 
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2020 at 3:24pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #23 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 11:06pm

So on yours you attained universal oneness and omniscience.

I dated a chicken. *sigh*

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #24 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:20am

My weirdest dream was that I had just killed someone and hidden the body and then gone home and went to bed.  When I got up the next morning, I couldn't tell if that was a dream or a memory of the day before. 

I had to go check where I supposedly hid the body to make sure.

That was chemically induced, I was given, unknown to me, an anti malaria drug, that was still experimental.  US military used it from '93 til '03.  Literally millions of military and former military were given that drug.  Now it's black boxed. 

Still have weird dreams and a permanent ringing in my ears due to that.  And it was 25 years ago when I was given the drugs.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #25 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 3:23pm

Bill Skinner wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:20am:
My weirdest dream was that I had just killed someone and hidden the body and then gone home and went to bed.  When I got up the next morning, I couldn't tell if that was a dream or a memory of the day before. 

I had to go check where I supposedly hid the body to make sure.

That was chemically induced, I was given, unknown to me, an anti malaria drug, that was still experimental.  US military used it from '93 til '03.  Literally millions of military and former military were given that drug.  Now it's black boxed. 

Still have weird dreams and a permanent ringing in my ears due to that.  And it was 25 years ago when I was given the drugs.

Have you talked with the VA about that, Bill?  You might be due some cash. A buddy of mine, Walt, was a Vietnam War vet.  After the war he bounced from job to job and relationship to relationship.  He was sort of a drunken screw-up.  I hadn't known him before Nam so I thought he always was that way. When he was about fifty he saw a VA counselor. I forget why.  One thing led to another and they ended up testing him.  They determined that he had PTSD and that's what made him the train wreck he was.  They paid him retro all the way back from his leaving Nam.  He was a very rich man.  He moved to Kentucky and I lost contact with him but I imagine he probably spent all of his money on booze, broads, and drugs.  He died a few years afterward.  My point is that if you haven't discussed your issue with the VA yet you probably should.  You never know.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)