Send Topic Print
A bundle of knowledge (Read 829 times)
Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
A bundle of knowledge
Jul 22nd, 2020 at 8:10pm

It just occurred to me that we have a rather diverse group of people with different knowledge on a range of subjects.

What would you be able to help others with over the forum?

For me I’m quite well versed in things related to trees, as an arborist I would hope so. But also I’m very experienced in climbing with ropes, good with knots, an amateur fungi enthusiast, do a little bow hunting/hiking/camping, surf skate bmx, games like chess or MTG, self taught guitarists and also don’t mind my early model Toyota’s.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NimNom
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Re: A bundle of knowledge
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 12:15am

Its not really in the same category as the things you listed, but I teach a lot of strangers online about Lucid Dreaming Smiley

Getting pretty good at it too!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 3:22am

Well I'm a nurse but I am far from an expert on nursing Cheesy I have very few "useful" interests really but I know a fair amount about the works of H.P. Lovecraft Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 8:53am

I started to list things last night, and it got a little crazy, because Mersa wanted “diverse” Smiley
I’ll try to keep from running too wild...

Most people here like the old fashioned ways, but I know a bit about rapid prototyping of electronic and mechanical designs.

I could help others here with photo and video editing. All the software I use is free.

I make walking sticks from trimmed tree branches and furniture from standard lumber.

I am pretty good at changing diapers.

I have a lot to say about vehicle mobility. The biggest thing I’ve driven is a 20-ton armored personnel carrier. I actually prefer a minivan to an SUV unless I’m going offroad where ground clearance matters. Minivans handle better on the road and can haul a ton of cargo (or people).

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 9:16am

Mersa wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 8:10pm:
...also don’t mind my early model Toyota’s.

My very first vehicle was a 1980’s era Toyota Xtracab 2wd pickup with a manual transmission. I loved that little truck!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 9:36am

Chess, primitive weapons, another fellow mushroom enthusiast, hiking, camping, fishing, used to be ok at drawing but haven’t practiced nearly enough.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 11:57am

well As far as an 'expert'.
pretty much all information technology: to include the last 35 years of computing and networking.
3d printing and rapid prototyping.
charcuterie and meat preservation and curing of all kinds
sausage making
food smoking/bbq
science fiction books, films etc
slinging and slingers whistle

As far as more knowlegeable than the majority of the population:
wood turning
wood working
laser engraving/cutting
cooking - pretty much all kinds from baking to braising.
edible fungi
sweet making
low carb diets (lol)
CAD for 3d printing

And just about anything else I've ever been interested in for more than a couple of weeks Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 3:22pm

I have a little knowledge about a lot of things, which what happens when you've been around for a while.  I have a very good knowledge of edible plants and martial arts.  I'd have to think about what else would actually be helpful to slinging.org members.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)