Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Can your choice of clothes make you a better slinger? (Read 1769 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Can your choice of clothes make you a better slinger?
Jul 22nd, 2020 at 12:50am

https://youtu.be/ARe6DpdatXI

Spoiler alert: No it can not Smiley

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Can your choice of clothes make you a better slinger?
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 1:15am

Nice , I like the typical slingers outfit, must be more slingers in the city than I originally suspected

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 1:28am

What? You mean you don’t wear a tie during your daily slinging practice sessions?

This was definitely not my best slinging. I started tracking my shots, and lately I’ve been above 20%... but then I started the camera  Roll Eyes

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 2:31am

Camera kills your accuracy 5-10% typically. Wink

John R.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 6:30am

I sling best in wellies Smiley

so who's the troll ?

I think lobo might have once made glandes with razor blades.
He definitely made armour piercing glandes at one point !

I do like your ammo retrieval system Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 8:25am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 6:30am:
so who's the troll ?

Did you miss the whole conversation about RS?  Turkey throw? bear hunting with slings?  Fishing with flat stones? Jesus the Noodler???

I think lobo might have once made glandes with razor blades.
He definitely made armour piercing glandes at one point !

I’m sure you could come up with some  fairly effective ammo using hardened lead or embedding tungsten spikes, etc, but “Razor Glandes” was Mersa’s excellent summary of the tall tales RS told. It was such a great summary that I had it printed on a t-shirt.

RS was really good at making outlandish claims sound like they just might be possible.  The real reason it worked was that people wanted his stories to be true.

I do like your ammo retrieval system Thumbs Up

I miss my old retrieval system. This one chases balls, and, if I’m lucky, he drops most of them exactly in the middle of the yard. About half the time he dives into the bushes and leaves the ball out of reach.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 10:36am

I too have a ball retrieval system like that Smiley
Although she is often willing to exchange the ball for a dog biscuit.

Had no idea rs tales were equated with anything other than utter bollocks Smiley
As lynrd skynrd say about neil young: 'I refuse to talk about the man'.

Razor glandes exist, think there are even pictures somewhere - so probably not the best choice of 'name' for a total fantassist Smiley

So 'ties' - what is their point ? - apart from giving martial artists something to strangle you with.

And you are probably the smartest dressed slinger in the world !

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 11:12am

It’s not the existence of razor glandes that is ridiculous in and of itself. It’s the absurdity of the whole thing put together.  There’s no plausible scenario where even an experienced slinger is going to expect to hit an enemy in the eye (razor ammo or otherwise) without dumb luck.  That’s what made RS such a great troll, and I still talk about it because RS was the most hilarious case of internet trolling I’ve ever seen. He danced right on the edge of believability in absurdly creative ways, and some people did believe him for a while until we started asking for references. Some people still even use turkey throw! 

Ties... well maybe you could use one as an improvised sling before the martial artist gets close enough to choke you? Online challenge anyone?

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 1:46pm

I like it!  Love that video title. Grin

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 11:12am:
Online challenge anyone?

YES!  We could do a timed challenge.  Fastest slinger to remove a tie and hit a target using it as a sling. Cheesy

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 5:51pm

I do not even own a tie. Just a dangling piece or cloth to get pulled into a wood chipper with in my trade. Ha ha

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 6:32pm

@
Mersa

Lost a few gloves that way

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 8:15pm

If you’ve ever seen a chipper chewing up logs you know just how scary that glove snag is. I won’t wear leather gloves while loading a chipper. Seen a lot of near misses in my career. As I get older the adrenaline has slowed and it’s much more clear to me just how extremely dangerous my job actually is. Everyday has the risk of death or serious injury.

IP Logged

Captain_Twine
Descens

Substance is a Word.

Somewhere with crummy rocks
Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 9:04pm

This must be what everyone's talking about when they say to wear "slinging business casual" for job interviews.

“For as this ought, or ought not, expresses some new relation or affirmation, 'tis necessary that it should be observed and explained; and... a reason should be given, for what seems altogether inconceivable, how this new relation can be a deduction from others, which are entirely different from it. ..[V]ice and virtue is not founded merely on the relations of objects, nor is perceived by reason.”

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 1:44pm

Captain_Twine wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 9:04pm:
This must be what everyone's talking about when they say to wear "slinging business casual" for job interviews.

Well right now, Covid business casual makes the sandals and khakis optional whistle

IP Logged

Captain_Twine
Descens

Substance is a Word.

Somewhere with crummy rocks
Reply #14 - Jul 25th, 2020 at 1:22pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jul 23rd, 2020 at 1:44pm:
Captain_Twine wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 9:04pm:

Well right now, Covid business casual makes the sandals and khakis optional whistle

Business up top, right?  Roll Eyes

“For as this ought, or ought not, expresses some new relation or affirmation, 'tis necessary that it should be observed and explained; and... a reason should be given, for what seems altogether inconceivable, how this new relation can be a deduction from others, which are entirely different from it. ..[V]ice and virtue is not founded merely on the relations of objects, nor is perceived by reason.”

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15)