Send Topic Print
Seasonal Appetites (Read 482 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Seasonal Appetites
Jul 19th, 2020 at 3:06pm

Huskies have seasonal appetites.  They eat less in the Spring and Summer and more in the Fall and Winter.  This is because their protein requirements are different when they're growing their new coats.  Many new  Husky owners fret when their dog starts eating half of what he normally does once the weather starts to warm up.  It's no big deal.
     Though my fur grows at the same rate all year (I am big and hairy like an ape) I also find  myself eating a fraction of what I normally do when the weather heats up.  I guess it's because one requires more calories to burn in the Winter to keep warm.  Does anyone else eat far less in the Summer?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Seasonal Appetites
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2020 at 4:23am

My Italian friend is the same and says most people in Italy are the same. When it's so hot it can be that you don't even feel like eating.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2020 at 12:12pm

I’ve noticed something similar but I tend to be the opposite. I eat less in winter. Probably because the more I do the less hungry I tend to be and I’m less likely to be doing stuff outside in winter.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2020 at 9:26pm

I'm the exact opposite.  I'm much more likely to be doing things outside in the colder weather.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)