Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: PFS mule
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2020 at 2:49pm

you've done that before Smiley

great first shot !

I'm currently thinking about designing a 3d printed slingshot for .75 cal paintballs.
Going to need a semi solid cupped pouch. which should print easily enough.

Just currently thinking about the actual 'handle' design.

That's a really compact one you've got there - how does it compare to a more traditional one with the larger forks ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

ghost0311-8541

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2020 at 6:26pm

It shoots just as well but you have to twist and tweek the pouch I think what your wanting to make is a secret agent sling shot.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2020 at 8:51am

nope just a paintball catapult Smiley

Great fun in the woods and confuses the dogs no end.
'okay I know you just 'threw' something - but where's it gone ?'

And after about 10 years I've given up ever desinging a sling that will throw something as light as a paintball without risking shoulder dislocation.

The compound sling was my best idea - and that's still pretty much a design concept.
Well with the loss of matthias design it is Sad

But I'll probably make a fairly compact design catapult.

I should be able to cut the bands out of cheap exercise bands with my laser cutter. That way I should get really clean edges that won't tear.

I'm leaning towards a ridged clamp and cable ties for the elastic mount and probably a passthrough system on the pouch. That way I just need a single strip of rubber that doesn't need to be fixed at the pouch ends.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2020 at 12:29am

Oh. Paintball with slingshots!  That brings back good memories.

I used to go into the woods on a Friday night with a bag of 100 paintballs, a cheap Crossman slingshot, and painter’s goggles. We could play all night for very little money. The game is a lot different when you have to reload after every shot. You have to move around more or you’ll get shot because you can’t shoot fast enough to provide cover fire. When we eventually saved up and bought guns, it was actually less fun in a lot of ways, because everyone just sat behind a tree and pulled the trigger.

@CA: have you tried paintballs with a weighted sling?  It would be difficult to get the velocity needed unless someone can actually figure out how to control the timing of a compound sling.

The flat leather pouch of a crossman was big enough to pinch in front of  a .68 cal paintball without putting more pressure on the ammo than was necessary for retention... but we did occasionally break a ball, and then it was a slimy mess!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2020 at 7:20am

I usually used mutiple paintballs in a sling pouch, worked enough to actually go about 20yds, its been awhile so my numbers might be a bit off. When i was a paintball referee,  i used to carry my slings, and a slingshot. I would tell people i would shoot back if i got hit.

IP Logged

ghost0311-8541

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2020 at 11:10am

Down scale a potato gun to fit a paint ball put some Cotton balls in first then about 10 paint balls and then some Cotton balls then you have a blunder bust.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus)