Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My morningstar (...flail?) needs a handle (Read 1831 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
My morningstar (...flail?) needs a handle
Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:37pm

So... I had a wooden ball, some track shoe spikes, and a bit of paracord just lying around. This was bound to happen! Whatever you want to call this thing, it definitely needs a handle that fits the same look. Opinions/suggestions please! What handle would look the best?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Re: My morningstar (...flail?) needs a handle
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 6:54pm

I think that would hurt rather badly if you dropped that on your toe.   Shocked

Are you related to Timpa?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 11:20pm

It’s not that big... maybe a little over 2-inches including the spikes, and the ball is wood, so it doesn’t weigh a lot, but yes... you probably don’t want it landing on bare feet anyway Smiley

Hmmm... take off the string and sharpen the spikes a bit, and... razor glandes???

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 11:45pm

Sweet!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 12:32am

Aim for the eyes!!!

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

ghost0311-8541

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 12:34am

That would make a good rope dart or hammer.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 5:20pm

Possibly something like this?

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 6:02pm

As a name: "Uncomfortable gobstopper"

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 10:53pm

Morphy wrote on Jul 15th, 2020 at 5:20pm:

Possibly something like this?

I like that look!  I’ve been debating three main options: raw wood... probably stained a nice dark color, leather-wrapped wood, or paracord-wrapped wood... possibly with dark-stained exposed wood as part of it.

For the “stain”, I was thinking I might soak it in soybean oil and bake it until the oil polymerizes... same way I polymerized a rock a while back. That method is  hard work, but extremely resilient!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #9 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 10:55pm

JudoP wrote on Jul 15th, 2020 at 6:02pm:
As a name: "Uncomfortable gobstopper"

I like it!  ...or maybe “The Devil’s Bidet”?

On second thought, something called The Devil’s Bidet should definitely spout fire  Shocked

IP Logged

Waxwing_Sling
Tiro

Progress, not perfection.

Central Minnesota, USA
Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 11:27pm

Nice! Maybe with no handle? Just have a long enough cord that you can wrap around your hand, and manipulate it like the "sash whip" in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN_jQVvhNso

Maybe minus the spikes for training...scary  Cry

May you be safe, be happy, be healthy, and live with ease.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2020 at 1:23am

I already have “minus the spikes”... that’s easy! 
Nice moves in that video! It looks like the sash techniques are fairly standard kung fu meteor hammer techniques (extremely well applied), but the double sash with the ball bearings looks pretty tough to master.  Some of the same moves can also work for the rope dart and chain whip, which are both pointy at one end Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner)