Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Skallagrim Slings a Lemon (Read 756 times)
Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Skallagrim Slings a Lemon
Jul 12th, 2020 at 2:50pm

Skallagrim's put the hurt on a zombie head and used a sling and a lemon to do it (with some help from some crossbows) Cheesy Not the best slinging I've seen but he's not got a bad form at all. We could make a decent slinger of him yet Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Captain_Twine
Descens

Substance is a Word.

Somewhere with crummy rocks
Re: Skallagrim Slings a Lemon
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2020 at 2:58pm

I bet a lemon makes for a pretty balanced projectile! Depending on the individual lemon, they have a roughly the shape of a biconical sling bullet, or at least the right weight and size! I'd try it myself, but I wouldn't want to waste any lemons. I'd love to see a montage of lemons, among other fruit, getting smashed against a target with a sling.

“For as this ought, or ought not, expresses some new relation or affirmation, 'tis necessary that it should be observed and explained; and... a reason should be given, for what seems altogether inconceivable, how this new relation can be a deduction from others, which are entirely different from it. ..[V]ice and virtue is not founded merely on the relations of objects, nor is perceived by reason.”

IP Logged

TheJackinati

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:59am

Gotta say. Lemons are fairly decent projectiles.

It's also fun to explode them! Grin

You need a somewhat decent sized pouch though. Amdocraft's Tibetan slings are great for the purpose. And it gives a nice lemony smell to the pouch, combined with the lanonlin smell.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:10pm

Fragrant sling? Sounds like a good idea.  Mine smells like dirt and old beeswax, not horrible but lemon sounds better

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man)