Send Topic Print
Major Score (Read 1917 times)
perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Major Score
Reply #15 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 12:20pm

Thin down some pests, get a good meal out of it. Hard to criticize that  Grin

Pigeon can be taken with a 12ftlb airgun so even in the UK should be an easy buy in, have considered jumping into the hunting world CA?

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Major Score
Reply #16 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:24pm

Speaking of eating dog, I did once.  It was by accident in Korea.  My houseboy, Mr. Pak, invited me  to his home for dinner.  I had a very different relationship with my houseboy than most of the other G.I.s in Seoul.  I treated him like a man.  He liked me and I liked him.  Anyway, dinner that night I thought was a Korean beef dish called Bulgogi.  It's beef and veggies, sort of like a stir fry.  Very good.  Dinner was served and I ate mine.  I was careful to eat like a human that night.  Normally I ate like ten men but I didn't want to be a pig at Mr. Pak's house because like most Koreans he was struggling to get by.  I finished my dinner and Mr. Pak asked "How you like, MP Stomey?"  "Very good, Mr. Pak!  Number one Bulgogi!"  "Not Bulgogi.... Kygogi."  I spoke passable Korean and knew that Kygogi is dog stew.  What could I do?  I'd already eaten it and said I liked it.  We had some Makli, a kind of primitive Korean version of Sake, I thanked him for a great dinner, and went back to the barracks.  Though it was quite tasty I've never had any desire to eat dog again and would only do so under the most extreme circumstances.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2020 at 2:54pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)