Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do you feel bad if you don't eat (Read 1404 times)
AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Do you feel bad if you don't eat
Jul 9th, 2020 at 4:45am

Then you have a condition known as hunger.

The good news: it is easily treatable

The bad news: there is no permanent cure

This condition can be treated at a specialized clinic, known as a restaurant. It can also be treated at home, but you will need specialized supplies from a grocery store. Most sufferers of this condition find that several treatments per day are necessary

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Re: Do you feel bad if you don't eat
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:32am

AncientCraftwork wrote on Jul 9th, 2020 at 4:45am:
Then you have a condition known as hunger.

The good news: it is easily treatable

The bad news: there is no permanent cure

This condition can be treated at a specialized clinic, known as a restaurant. It can also be treated at home, but you will need specialized supplies from a grocery store. Most sufferers of this condition find that several treatments per day are necessary

Careful!  I know someone who once almost choked to death while eating food.  I did my own research and discovered that this happens nearly every day.  Thousands of people choke every year while eating and hundreds of those people die.  That's why I don't feed my kids.  It's dangerous.

Now, plenty of people will point out that food supposedly "prevents starvation" and that might be true, but it's not fair to completely ignore all the dangers food poses, like choking, allergies, gingivitis, and garlic breath.  Some of these can affect children their entire lives.

I'm just saying, do your own research and decide what you think is best for your kids.  If you choose to give your kid potentially deadly food, that's your problem.  But as a parent, I don't think the government has any right to tell me that I need to feed my kids.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 10:16am

Next you guys will be saying that bihydrogenoxide is required in your daily diet.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2020 at 4:18pm

How easy it would be to balance my budget if we didn't have to eat.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2020 at 3:08am

What about fasting?
I have often abstained from eating to keep from being weighed down.
For me, this happens more in the short term such as an afternoon not wanting to break my rythm.
That being said I am a slave to my mouth.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 2:54pm

Intermittent fasting is something I need to do. I hear a lot of health benefits and it makes sense that it emulates more how we would’ve been as a hunter/gatherer society.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #6 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:48pm

I did intermittent fasting for a bit a few years ago. The problem I had was doing shift work. All it took was me having a day off mid-week and wanting to go out for a meal to derail it. One thing I learned to love though was black tea. I've never had sugar in my tea but I did used to have milk. With the fast days, one of the things you can have (and is a good idea to have) is tea without milk because it has 0 calories. The first few times I had it, it was unbelievably bitter and I had to force it down but I quickly adjusted and now can't drink tea with milk in it. It smells disgusting now and I have to have it black "like my metal" (to quote the band Mindless Self Indulgence).

But anyway, I do recommend it despite the problems I had. It was easy to get used to and I did lose a bit of weight.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 3:38am

I struggle to eat these days. The last 6 months or so it's been getting worse. I've lost probably 23 pounds in the last 5 weeks. Doesn't sound like a lot but it's not due to me watching calories lol. Actually I take that back it IS due to me watching calories, just not eating them.

I feel like my stomach is empty but I don't feel hungry. When I go to eat I feel full after a quarter what I used to eat if that. I even try to force myself to eat more and it's a struggle. I started eating easily accessible things like pizza which helped but then I just gained weight and not in a healthy way.

Next idea is protein shakes or something. I can stand to lose a few pounds but I feel like I'm starring in my own real life adaptation of Stephen Kings "Thinner".

I mean to be fair if you are stuck in a Stephen King novel this isn't nearly as bad as The Shining or IT but I really would prefer just an ice cream sundae or something.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 9:41am

I fast every night - has not helpoed reduce weight Sad

I even fast between meals - fasting is just not cutting it.

Feeding kids would seem excessive, just painting them with chlorophyll and leaving them in the sun for a few hours each day should be sufficient.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 7:16pm

We're cyclone prone. I'm fine for a couple of days without food. But I have seen people become irrational and violent after just half a day and start obsessing. To the point where I've had to eject one family into the storm.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #10 - Nov 17th, 2020 at 10:44pm

a wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 7:16pm:
We're cyclone prone. I'm fine for a couple of days without food. But I have seen people become irrational and violent after just half a day and start obsessing. To the point where I've had to eject one family into the storm.

I once fasted from food and water for 48 hours. Longest I’ve ever gone. By the end of it I was in a rage for no good reason. This is odd cause I’m usually a pretty chill person. Not much flusters me. I was just unreasonably angry for nothing. No idea what was going on with my body but it was weird. It went away once I ate and drank.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #11 - Nov 17th, 2020 at 11:07pm

Morphy wrote on Nov 17th, 2020 at 10:44pm:
I once fasted from food and water for 48 hours. Longest I’ve ever gone. By the end of it I was in a rage for no good reason. This is odd cause I’m usually a pretty chill person. Not much flusters me. I was just unreasonably angry for nothing. No idea what was going on with my body but it was weird. It went away once I ate and drank.

That happens to most people I think. There is a point after that where it's not a problem which lasts a while, then further down the line everything starts looking like food. Then it just cycles between those two until you die I guess.... I've never been to dying part.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 7:31am

I always get "hangry" when I don't eat. Nothibg too, bad just irritable. I've gotten good at recognising it with my wife Cheesy "Maybe you should have something to eat..."

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #13 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 9:57am

I did experiment a bit with 16:8 fasting, it actually seems very easy when you get used to it. It's a very simple regime to follow and if you eat decently you will never be hungry.

Pushed it to 24 hour fast once, I was fine, but felt a bit light headed maybe. Wasn't overpoweringly hungry or anything, I think the hunger somewhat goes away after a point.

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Reply #14 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 10:59am

Hello,
Morphy, this is called the acidosis crisis. The body no longer finds external food. Your body freaks out. At this time, it's very important drink water. Until a new balance appears. Eat his muscles and fat. All people knows that if you fast longer. After this crisis, you are serene.
So we can fast in front of the TV, just replace the cakes with beer for example. So no health problems.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)