Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do you feel bad if you don't eat (Read 201 times)
jauke
Interfector Viris Spurii

I like honey

Under Sea-Level
Do you feel bad if you don't eat
Jul 9th, 2020 at 4:45am

Then you have a condition known as hunger.

The good news: it is easily treatable

The bad news: there is no permanent cure

This condition can be treated at a specialized clinic, known as a restaurant. It can also be treated at home, but you will need specialized supplies from a grocery store. Most sufferers of this condition find that several treatments per day are necessary

''He leads the humble in what is right,
    and teaches the humble his way.''
Psalm 25:9

IP Logged

Oxnate
Descens

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Re: Do you feel bad if you don't eat
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:32am

jauke wrote on Jul 9th, 2020 at 4:45am:
Then you have a condition known as hunger.

The good news: it is easily treatable

The bad news: there is no permanent cure

This condition can be treated at a specialized clinic, known as a restaurant. It can also be treated at home, but you will need specialized supplies from a grocery store. Most sufferers of this condition find that several treatments per day are necessary

Careful!  I know someone who once almost choked to death while eating food.  I did my own research and discovered that this happens nearly every day.  Thousands of people choke every year while eating and hundreds of those people die.  That's why I don't feed my kids.  It's dangerous.

Now, plenty of people will point out that food supposedly "prevents starvation" and that might be true, but it's not fair to completely ignore all the dangers food poses, like choking, allergies, gingivitis, and garlic breath.  Some of these can affect children their entire lives.

I'm just saying, do your own research and decide what you think is best for your kids.  If you choose to give your kid potentially deadly food, that's your problem.  But as a parent, I don't think the government has any right to tell me that I need to feed my kids.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Slinging.org Moderator
Forum Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 10:16am

Next you guys will be saying that bihydrogenoxide is required in your daily diet.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2020 at 4:18pm

How easy it would be to balance my budget if we didn't have to eat.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2020 at 3:08am

What about fasting?
I have often abstained from eating to keep from being weighed down.
For me, this happens more in the short term such as an afternoon not wanting to break my rythm.
That being said I am a slave to my mouth.

IP Logged

Morphy
Interfector Viris Spurii

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 2:54pm

Intermittent fasting is something I need to do. I hear a lot of health benefits and it makes sense that it emulates more how we would’ve been as a hunter/gatherer society.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #6 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:48pm

I did intermittent fasting for a bit a few years ago. The problem I had was doing shift work. All it took was me having a day off mid-week and wanting to go out for a meal to derail it. One thing I learned to love though was black tea. I've never had sugar in my tea but I did used to have milk. With the fast days, one of the things you can have (and is a good idea to have) is tea without milk because it has 0 calories. The first few times I had it, it was unbelievably bitter and I had to force it down but I quickly adjusted and now can't drink tea with milk in it. It smells disgusting now and I have to have it black "like my metal" (to quote the band Mindless Self Indulgence).

But anyway, I do recommend it despite the problems I had. It was easy to get used to and I did lose a bit of weight.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)