Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Need some advice. (Read 3132 times)
Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Need some advice.
Reply #15 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:08pm

Ich sah vor zwölf Jahren Jaume Darder mit einer sehr kurzen Schleuder 300m schießen. Bis dahin hielt ich das für fast unmöglich.
Das ist möglich, wenn Sie die Physik hinter einem Schuß verstanden haben. Die Stellung Ihres Rotor beeinflusst erheblich Ihre Distanz.
Ist Ihr Rotor nach vorn geneigt, geht Ihr Schuß im Spitzen Winkel nach unten.. Steht Ihr Rotor waagerecht, wird Ihr Schuß ebenfalls nahezu waagerecht fliegen. Möchten Sie sehr weit schießen, Strecken Sie Ihren Arm weit nach hinten. Die Schleuder sollte im Winkel von 45° auslösen.
Je schneller und kraftvoller sich Ihre Hüfte bewegt,desto mehr Power werden Sie haben. Probieren Sie es aus.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Shakli

City Slinger

Reply #16 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:13pm

Jaegoor, I defiantly will try that. Thank you.  I would like to keep using a short sling if I can. 

Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #17 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:23pm

Vielleicht mache ich mal ein video dazu. 😁
Schießen sie nicht site Hand. Mit overhand ist der Winkel besser. Sie nutzen optimal ihr Körpergröße.
Gibt es ein Foto von der schlinge?

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #18 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:27pm

Shakli wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:04pm:
(With the longer sling I could not feel the 30g ammo and was not able to fire it properly)

This is something NOOC can talk on. He's been using a weighted pouch to sling very light ammo and, from what I've understood, has found it to be quite successful. Throwing very light ammo can often be far harder than very heavy ammo.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Archaic Arms
Funditor

Testing and inventing
"Archaic" weapons.

Reply #19 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 7:04pm

I use an 18" Balearic and recently was throwing 200g stones over the 100y mark quite easily. For 30m, I wouldn't use anything longer, as I simply don't find it necessary. It may take a little bit of practice to learn how to harness the power of the short ones though, as if you depend on the arm and shoulder for power you will injure yourself even quicker.

Regards,
Lewis
IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #20 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 2:26am

--
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2020 at 5:37am by AncientCraftwork »  

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Shakli

City Slinger

Reply #21 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 7:23am

Jaegoor You are a genius!!! I could kiss you right now  Grin 
With my 50cm sling I can now easily reach 30m target and was practicing hitting a tree 40m away.  All my shots where reaching the tree with only 70% energy Smiley Smiley Smiley  2 out of 30 actually hit the tree!

Interesting note! 30g and 150g ammo reached the target with exactly the same amount of energy on my part. 

Ok now that I know how to reach 30m time to go back to working on accuracy as the longest distance that matters to me is 30m. 

Thanks so much everyone  Cheesy

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #22 - Jul 1st, 2020 at 3:53am

--
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2020 at 5:37am by AncientCraftwork »  

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #23 - Jul 3rd, 2020 at 1:10pm

Kick wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:27pm:
Shakli wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:04pm:
(With the longer sling I could not feel the 30g ammo and was not able to fire it properly)

This is something NOOC can talk on. He's been using a weighted pouch to sling very light ammo and, from what I've understood, has found it to be quite successful. Throwing very light ammo can often be far harder than very heavy ammo.

Thanks Kick!  Here’s my engineer/physicist answer: The sling makes it easier to transfer power from your body to the ammo. Power transfer to light ammo is more difficult, and a longer sling doesn’t actually help much if the pouch is too light because wind resistance eats up all the extra energy you put into the longer sling.   Adding weight to the pouch is a way of “impedance matching” that allows for increased power transfer to the ammo at the cost of overall efficiency, because a lot of the energy stays with the heavy pouch. You put energy into the sling+pouch. Heavier ammo means more energy goes to the bullet overall, so it’s better to increase the weight of the ammo unless you are specifically trying to throw something light on purpose.

As far as my experience with weighted slings...My backyard only allows about 17 yards max, and some of the ammo I’ve been playing with is under 10g.  With a 60g tennis ball the weighted sling feels pretty weak... which simulates a longer distance throw... sort of (I think shakli started that discussion). I haven’t tried light weight ammo at longer distances, but I think the best way to do that would be the compound sling if anyone has time to figure out how to throw with one. The timing is still a huge challenge.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark)