Send Topic Print
Female Members (Read 2110 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Female Members
Jun 20th, 2020 at 3:26pm

We have had a handful of female members over the years.  Many have added greatly to the forums.  But they never stick around.  After a few weeks or months at the most they're gone.  Are we pigs?  Are we that terrible or boring?  Why do our female members go away?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Female Members
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2020 at 4:21pm

Rat Man wrote on Jun 20th, 2020 at 3:26pm:
   We have had a handful of female members over the years.  Many have added greatly to the forums.  But they never stick around.  After a few weeks or months at the most they're gone.  Are we pigs?  Are we that terrible or boring?  Why do our female members go away?

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I think we are a pretty welcoming group actually, as far as modern savages go. Not really sure why except maybe just the subject matter itself doesn’t appeal as much to women.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 5:24am

Haha we are probably so amicable because there are no females!!!

Btw this is my fave form of social media. WE ROCK!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 11:57am

Tomas wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 5:24am:
Haha we are probably so amicable because there are no females!!!

Btw this is my fave form of social media. WE ROCK!

#ShotsFired

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 12:58pm

This Spring I was at a family Going Away Barbeque for my greatnephew Matt who had enlisted in the army.  I happened to mention how drama free my life was these days.  My sister in law Kelly commented "That's because there are no longer any females living in your house."  Odd thing for a woman to say.
     I thought about it for a second.  It was true. Other than my army life I've lived with females my entire life. 
     It has been six years since my wife passed, five since daughter Kate moved out, and three since Chrissie and her clan moved out.  It's just Mike and I here now.  We do get on each other's nerves now and then but so far we've been able to settle everything in a logical manner.  No screaming sh*t fits, no crying, no hysterics, no physical attacks.  Not living with females is very peaceful. 
    That said, I love women and everything about them.  They're worth a little drama now and then.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 2:55pm

it's a throwing thing.

Most of the women who join - 'wahoo' (actual name escapes me)  - being the most recent, tend to lean more towards the making side of things.
willeke - who I met in  a park on the outskirts of oxford - some years ago, was a serious knotter - probably our longest contributing female member.
But  a terrible actual slinger Smiley
She won't mind me saying so lol 

Whereas most of us males tend towards the actual throwing side of things.
It's either about accuracy or power or both, or the mathematics and aerodynamics of slinging.

I don't think we drive the women away - I just think they lose interest in something so simple as repetitively throwing stuff.

They need more to occupy their thoughts than us blokes Smiley

We're simple souls at heart. Give us a target that goes clang and a big pile of rocks and we'll be happy as a dog with two tails - for hours !

Women seem to need more out of life than just hitting things with other things Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 3:05pm

My primary motivation for the sling is so I can occassionally fish some birds from the sky for sustenance, is all. Don't know a better way for this than use a sling

I like being able to at least partially take care of myself if the stores do ever run empty. Fishing real fish the normal way and sky-fishing birds with a sling are relatively low effort ways to get some protein without dependence on high tech. My country is fish & bird country.

And it's just so fun to throw.

I think CA is right.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 5:31pm

Ratman! Meant more like only one doe and too many bucks.
Maybe we should do a slinging.oeg calendar with all our finest hahahahaha
See if that gets us some attention!

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 9:58pm

When you think about it it's only natural that we are fascinated by slings. Throwing stuff at animals got us food back in hunter gatherer society, and it was the males who hunted... So, in a way it does not surprise me. There is no evolutionary reason for females to have interest in sending projectiles accurately and at high speed.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 8:20am

Quote:
My primary motivation for the sling is so I can occassionally fish some birds from the sky for sustenance, is all. Don't know a better way for this than use a sling

shotgun ?
Net, falcon, bow and arrow, crossbow, pet dragon Wink

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 8:39am

Shotguns are not sustainable. I also cannot get a shotgun nor would I be able to hunt with it without going to jail.

Bow and arrow is also not possible for me, people will call the cops.

Sling- no one knows what it is I'm doing and I can afford to waste plenty of shots taking chances I am not willing to take with a bow, because I don't want to lose precious arrows missing.

The sling is the ideal tool of choice for sky fishing. Of course you aim for the flocks.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #11 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 2:27pm

Tomas wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 5:31pm:

LOL Good Lord, we'd never have another female member again!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 11:22pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Jun 22nd, 2020 at 8:20am:
Quote:
My primary motivation for the sling is so I can occassionally fish some birds from the sky for sustenance, is all. Don't know a better way for this than use a sling

shotgun ?

Drones, lasers, drones with lasers beams, rocket launcher, a shark in a catapult...
Jauke you are clearly suffering from a lapse in imagination Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #13 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 7:04am

Rat Man wrote on Jun 22nd, 2020 at 2:27pm:
Tomas wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 5:31pm:

LOL Good Lord, we'd never have another female member again!

We should do a sling calendar

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #14 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 8:09am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 11:22pm:
Curious Aardvark wrote on Jun 22nd, 2020 at 8:20am:
Quote:

shotgun ?

Drones, lasers, drones with lasers beams, rocket launcher, a shark in a catapult...
Jauke you are clearly suffering from a lapse in imagination Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)