Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Tattoos!!
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 10:34am

Mine will be showing off too much skin lol.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 11:34am

I like the idea of a tattoo, but hipsters have started to take over the culture around here. Maybe I will some day when tattoos are uncool and rebellious again.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 11:47am

I got all three of my tattoos last year. First I got a sprig of lavender on my left leg which is the "family tattoo" and was designed by my sister. Both my parents, all three of my sisters and my wife have it as well because my parents house has lavender growing outside and at one point all of us were living there for a year. Fond memories of those times. Then I got the Rod of Asclepius on my right arm after I graduated as a nurse. During the same session I got a crown on my right leg from the comic series Hellboy which is one of my favourite works of fiction. Not quite as "meaningful" as the other ones but I like it a lot.

I have a few ideas for more but corona has forced me to wait. Really can't wait to get more Cheesy I had heard that it can be kind of addicting getting tattoos and now I really get it.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 11:49am

Also all of these photos were literally right after they were finished which is why they look a bit red. All healed perfectly.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 12:49pm

My youngest is 5yo, and olddt is 15yo ink. I started way back when in the military

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 7:40pm

Tattoos seem to be pretty acceptable these days.
When I was younger it seemed that only “bad” guys got tattoos. I’ve always been exposed to it and was the first of my friends to get a tattoo. That was about 15 years ago. Now days only a few of my friends are clean skinned. Several of my friends are tattoo artist and some of them are recognised in the industry as being quite top tier. This is good for me because I rarely get “bad tattoos and also get most of them for free or good will. I have a total of 11 tattoos and have only paid for 4 of them. 2 were the first 2 and the other 2 were from artists while traveling.

I find it interesting what different people get. Some people get tattoos with meaning, some just like the look, some people just want to show them off others want them concealed.

I don’t look tattooed. If I’m wearing pants and no shirt you can maybe see one of my tattoos. If im in shorts maybe 5 and if I’m in underwear maybe 9 . I’m one who only got the tattoos for myself, I love them all except 1 I got very early on . It was my second tattoo before I realised that the artist is who makes a good tattoo not my idea.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #7 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 7:52pm

I really hate and fear needles.  I could never get drunk enough to actually get a tat. 

Then I quit drinking, so, no tat.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 9:34pm

They really don’t hurt all that much , I find it almost therapeutic.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 10:04pm

I don't have any.  Thought about it many times, just never got around to getting one done.

Question for everyone.  If you decided to get a sling related tattoo, what would you want to get?

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 10:14pm

I’ve already thought of it but unfortunately I don’t want to get any more tattoos above my waste. Was very close to getting a loaded sling on my ribs . Maybe I’ll get a tribute one day . A simple glande As a gap filler.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #11 - Jun 12th, 2020 at 9:27am

I'm thinking of getting a sling on my arm. The problem is choosing the sling design (though will probably be going for Balearic split pouch) and then how it will sit on my arm.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2020 at 10:07pm

Kick wrote on Jun 12th, 2020 at 9:27am:
I'm thinking of getting a sling on my arm. The problem is choosing the sling design (though will probably be going for Balearic split pouch) and then how it will sit on my arm.

Wrap a herringbone pattern around your bicep like a tribal tattoo and have it split into two then come back together.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2020 at 8:07am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jun 12th, 2020 at 10:07pm:
Wrap a herringbone pattern around your bicep like a tribal tattoo and have it split into two then come back together.

That's kind of what I'm thinking but coming down the length of my arm. I already have the Asclepius tattoo on my other forearm so might as well use the space on the other. Cheesy

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #14 - Jun 13th, 2020 at 9:28am

I’ve been drawing since I was a kid. I’ve yet to draw myself or see anyone else’s drawing that I would not get bored of seeing every day. Then there’s that weird feeling of having something on me all the time and if I ever decided I was sick of it you can’t get it off without a procedure. That would bug the hell out of me lol.

But weirdly I love seeing others tattoos and often ask to take pictures of them for my collection. I guess it’s easier for me to appreciate them on someone else than on myself.

If I ever did get one it would have to be something really personal and special.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)