Send Topic Print
Defund the Police (Read 6034 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Defund the Police
Reply #30 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 1:19pm

https://youtu.be/eSe3oZKecmA

I especially like the guy telling emergency services they don’t have to wait for cops to secure the scene before going in to help the guy who got shot. He says “We will make sure you are clear!!!”. Oh ya? Like you protected the guy who got shot? Then he blames it on them being racist.

Hyper emotional, completely illogical and begging for help from the same people they kicked out and threatened. Dealing with a mob is like dealing with an angry child.

No EMS would or at least should ever go into a scene that is not secured. That’s literally the first thing you learn. During every skill test through out your training if you don’t verbalize “Scene Safe” before going in you instantly fail. This is why.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #31 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 9:15am

Looks like three shootings and a dismembered body, now.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #32 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 9:19am

What a lot of people don't seem to get is that before you can change the world, you have to change people.  All of them.

Because we are still basically hairless apes flinging poo at each other when we get upset.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #33 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:48am

https://bit.ly/2VisIzy

Whole url:

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/bryan-preston/2020/06/22/video-young-venez
uelan-woman-warns-america-where-destroying-statues-leads-n564632

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #34 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 7:43pm

Personally I feel we have much bigger fish to fry.  I am not concerned about a bunch of moldy old statues one way or the other.  We have a pandemic, the world economy is tanking, police are murdering Black people in broad daylight, tRump is in the White House, etc., etc., etc., etc.  I don't give a rats ass about statues.... just my two cents.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #35 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 3:42am

The statue thing is ridiculous,  i read an article about out in Milwaukee,  they toppled one overthat was of an aboli3who fought for the union. Well these little snowflakes need to learn thier history, and go back to school to learn.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #36 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 9:37am

Mobs being given a pass on rioting is a problem. "Movements" whose arguments by definition prevent any justice being done (because all processes of justice have been tainted) with no actionable demand or proposals that can be discussed is a problem. I will listen to reasonable discussions about policies. This is not that.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #37 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 10:22am

vetryan15 wrote on Jun 26th, 2020 at 3:42am:
The statue thing is ridiculous,  i read an article about out in Milwaukee,  they toppled one overthat was of an aboli3who fought for the union. Well these little snowflakes need to learn thier history, and go back to school to learn.

It has nothing to do with whether he was an abolitionist or a slave owner. He’s a white man of European descent. That is unfortunately the direction this is going. Anytime I see a political or social movement use one group as a scapegoat for all societies problems it reminds me of past groups that have done the same. Usually it ends in mass murder and genocide.

The only way out of this is for reasonable people to work it out while shunning/ignoring those who promote hatred to any side. Any side.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #38 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 4:29pm

Morphy wrote on Jun 26th, 2020 at 10:22am:
vetryan15 wrote on Jun 26th, 2020 at 3:42am:

It has nothing to do with whether he was an abolitionist or a slave owner. He’s a white man of European descent. That is unfortunately the direction this is going. Anytime I see a political or social movement use one group as a scapegoat for all societies problems it reminds me of past groups that have done the same. Usually it ends in mass murder and genocide.

The only way out of this is for reasonable people to work it out while shunning/ignoring those who promote hatred to any side. Any side.

I agree, its so asinine. But with your statement i dont belive that any of the people and groups in charge of these protests are reasonable people. Now its spilling over to religion.  Mostly statues of Jesus that depict him being white. I have also seen the founder of BET would like to see reparations paid out as well.  I find that the whole issue of 'defund the police' has totally gone overboard,  and isn't what the original message is or was. Due to the way this generation has been brought up. It seems society is doomed, due to thier attention span of a goldfish. Now i am considered a millennial but i do not think of myself that way. I also believe that the leaders within  these groups of protestors, dont seem to be as reasonable as people would hope.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #39 - Jul 8th, 2020 at 9:45am

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #40 - Jul 8th, 2020 at 12:37pm

Morphy wrote on Jul 8th, 2020 at 9:45am:

Not only did they vote (actually just the first step in a dozen required, so mostly symbolic... so far) to defund the police, but right after that, the voted to give THEMSELVES private security.  "Safety for me, but not for thee."

https://www.startribune.com/mpls-has-paid-63k-to-protect-for-three-council-membe...

Crime is skyrocketing.  There are fewer police and they're less willing to risk themselves when they know the city council is out to get them.

https://www.startribune.com/visit-my-neighborhood-and-tell-me-we-should-dismantl...

Powderhorn Park WAS a very nice, liberal neighborhood with low crime.  They made a commitment not to call the police any more.  A homeless encampment moved in.  Two underage girls and one adult woman have been sexually assaulted in the last two weeks.

https://www.startribune.com/sunday-sexual-assault-at-powderhorn-park-is-the-thir...

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #41 - Jul 8th, 2020 at 11:17pm

Oxnate wrote on Jul 8th, 2020 at 12:37pm:
Morphy wrote on Jul 8th, 2020 at 9:45am:

Not only did they vote (actually just the first step in a dozen required, so mostly symbolic... so far) to defund the police, but right after that, the voted to give THEMSELVES private security.  "Safety for me, but not for thee."

https://www.startribune.com/mpls-has-paid-63k-to-protect-for-three-council-membe...

Crime is skyrocketing.  There are fewer police and they're less willing to risk themselves when they know the city council is out to get them.

https://www.startribune.com/visit-my-neighborhood-and-tell-me-we-should-dismantl...

Powderhorn Park WAS a very nice, liberal neighborhood with low crime.  They made a commitment not to call the police any more.  A homeless encampment moved in.  Two underage girls and one adult woman have been sexually assaulted in the last two weeks.

https://www.startribune.com/sunday-sexual-assault-at-powderhorn-park-is-the-thir...

Sometimes I can’t tell if they are just completely ignorant of reality or they actually are that hypocritical. Look at CHAZ- the moment they separated themselves from the city as a separate entity they set up borders complete with walls and had armed guards that within just days were abusing anyone they disagreed with.

Wait WTF?? I.. thought that was a bad thing???  Only bad when others do it. Ok gotcha.

What happened to my country? It seems like there is no room for moderates. We are at a place where center left and center right, atheists and religious all have more in common than the absolute insanity on the fringes of both sides. I am sort of centrist Christian. I’m more conservative financially and more libertarian/liberal in other areas and I have a good friend that’s hardcore skeptic atheist and we feel like we are in the foxhole together besieged on all sides by lunacy.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #42 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 10:24am

Me too, Morphy. 

I think the inmates are running the asylum.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #43 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 10:27am

I feel very similarly Morphy.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #44 - Jul 25th, 2020 at 12:30pm

What they show you:

What I see:

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner)