Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is halving the size of a target the same as doubling your distance? (Read 1990 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Is halving the size of a target the same as doubling your distance?
Reply #15 - May 28th, 2020 at 10:26am

most competitions are at 20 metres Smiley

The ibizans do a lot of shorter competitions with 5 shots are 20m and 5 shots at 30m.
But for the most part the longer comps are all at 20m.

That might help Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #16 - Jun 6th, 2020 at 2:31pm

I think that halving the size to simulate distance is not a good substitute. From my own experience, I've been getting much more consistent from 10-13 m just out of necessity (limited backyard space). But when I get to go to 20m, a target 2 times as big is much more difficult to hit than the smaller target at 10 m.  As others have said, wind resistance and the accompanying extra drop in trajectory, coupled with any curve of the projectile from spin and the extra power that is needed to throw, the increased difficulty is more than the sum of the parts.

John R.

IP Logged

Fullpower24hour
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Manchester UK
Reply #17 - Jun 9th, 2020 at 6:39am

Visually perhaps, but trying to hit it with a rock from a sling is a massive variable with multiple variables within it. Further will always be harder to hit and will take a different adjustment to technique than nearer. I could be wrong.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick)