Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Fingerloop around thumb (Read 4203 times)
Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Fingerloop around thumb
Reply #15 - May 23rd, 2020 at 6:17am

Do you find the projectile spins just as fast or less so?

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #16 - May 23rd, 2020 at 2:56pm

Tomas wrote on May 23rd, 2020 at 6:17am:
Do you find the projectile spins just as fast or less so?

Not that I have noticed, but I haven't gotten to much slinging with it yet.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #17 - May 24th, 2020 at 2:43am

I discovered that having the fingerloop around the middle or ring finger, and having the fingerloop on the inside of your hand, with the retention cord hanging down over your index finger while gripping the release cord with your thumb and index, does the same thing as the thumb grip, but in a much better way (for me)

I advice to experiment with as much different grips as possible, it can really make a complete difference in accuracy. Previously I have always slung with the fingerloop on my middle or index and have the loop on the ouside, like Luis does in this gif https://gfycat.com/grouchyseveralleafhopper
But having the loop on the inside of your hand instead, totally slings different and works much better with my slings.

I think if you've been slinging for a long time but your accuracy is still bad, try different grips. It can make a world of difference. Sometimes we get stuck in old habits

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #18 - May 24th, 2020 at 3:04am

Quote:
I discovered that having the fingerloop around the middle or ring finger, and having the fingerloop on the inside of your hand, with the retention cord hanging down over your index finger while gripping the release cord with your thumb and index, does the same thing as the thumb grip but in a much better way (for me).

Here's two pictures showing what I mean

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #19 - May 24th, 2020 at 3:34am

When we have the fingerloop on the middle or index finger with the loop outside the hand, as shown by this snapshot of one of Acroballistics videos (I hope I am allowed to use it), the retention finger is pulled outside of the hand by the momentum of the sling. I wonder if this affects accuracy?

I used to always sling this way but my accuracy seems to have improved greatly with the loop on the inside. Yesterday I was just hitting my target again and again. Although I might have just had good form yesterday. It needs more testing.

acro.png (398 KB | 53 )
acro.png

IP Logged

Frondeur

I'm the lead slinger in
a hard rock band

France
Reply #20 - May 24th, 2020 at 4:13am

Hello Jauke
Interrestig topic here.

First of all, the drowing from Da Vinci I mentionned earlier was in the Codex Atlantic. I heard of these reference in "Historia de la Honda' (jesus 'Hondero' Hernandez).

Second, I'm quite confused about my own interpretation here: the pic is realy bad and then I foud another pic from hondero's books: (see pic below, hope I made no mistake this time)
So it's quite possible that da vinci's drawing actually depicts what Hondero call "italian grip": no thumb involved but the rtention/release cords are still the other way.
So I apologize for posting misleading infos.

have fun, everyone!

Sans_nom_1.jpg (37 KB | 17 )
Sans_nom_1.jpg

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #21 - May 24th, 2020 at 4:32am

The ''Technica de precision'' would be the most similar to my pictures above, but this time with the retention around the pinky instead of middle, ring or thumb. I will have to give that a try! Nice picture, thanks

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #22 - May 24th, 2020 at 10:34am

I have the loop on the little finger, the cord passes between the ring and middle finger. it's similar to  "Technica de precision".
I don't think the pull affects accuracy badly, it's probably good feedback for consistency.

AncientCraftwork wrote on May 24th, 2020 at 3:34am:
as shown by this snapshot of one of Acroballistics videos (I hope I am allowed to use it)
thanks for the credit. fair use=no problem Wink

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #23 - May 24th, 2020 at 10:58am

Sarosh wrote on May 24th, 2020 at 10:34am:
I have the loop on the little finger, the cord passes between the ring and middle finger. it's similar to  "Technica de precision".
I don't think the pull affects accuracy badly, it's probably good feedback for consistency.

AncientCraftwork wrote on May 24th, 2020 at 3:34am:
as shown by this snapshot of one of Acroballistics videos (I hope I am allowed to use it)
thanks for the credit. fair use=no problem Wink

Very interesting, I misjudged your grip.
I wish I could just sling all day and try out all these different grips properly.
But serious training will have to wait until I have my own property.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #24 - May 24th, 2020 at 2:42pm

I’ve seen others use the “precision technique” and always wondered if having both cords come out at the same place regardless of where the loop is at would make a difference. Actually its been on my mind for the last couple days. Might need to check that out as well.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #25 - May 24th, 2020 at 6:42pm

I can’t handle having both cords in my grip, I’m a big fan of the “conventional” style.
Cinching fingerloop is a must aswell

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #26 - May 25th, 2020 at 7:56am

I am trying out the "Technica de precision" with the loop on the pinky, but it passing through the ring and middle finger instead like Sarosh is doing. The end result looks similar to "Technica de Convencional'' looking at it from far away but it slings slightly different, better for me than convencional.

IP Logged

Tejo
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Chile
Reply #27 - May 25th, 2020 at 12:57pm

I use the "técnica de precisión" with my slings and indeed I have been able to throw more acurately than with the "técnica convencional" or the "técnica mixta".

IP Logged

Archaic Arms
Funditor

Testing and inventing
"Archaic" weapons.

Reply #28 - May 25th, 2020 at 1:10pm

I use "Tecnica Mixta", as I find this to be the most comfortable and controlled. Also, If the finger-loop is worn on the index finger, then all finger-loop chaffing can be avoided (only a problem if braided with hard fibres)
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2020 at 4:10pm by Archaic Arms »  

Regards,
Lewis
IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #29 - May 25th, 2020 at 2:28pm

I've always been pretty conventional Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick, Chris)