Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Heavy sling bullet from Bulgaria (Read 508 times)
Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Re: Heavy sling bullet from Bulgaria
Reply #15 - Jun 6th, 2020 at 2:44am

I heard a story about Luis that I cannot confirm to be true, but that I do not find surprising. I was told by one of his team mates at the Mallorcan competition that in a lot of the competitions there are certain max lengths the slings have to be to be allowed into the competition. Luis made a sling that was very close to the limit, but still within the bounds. After some practice with it though he had stretched it out significantly past the limit so it was then barred from being used Cheesy With natural materials acting the way they do and how powerfully he slings, I completely believe it.

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Re: Heavy sling bullet from Bulgaria
Reply #16 - Jun 6th, 2020 at 6:21pm

Bill Skinner wrote on Jun 5th, 2020 at 3:35pm:
Theros, didn't you publish an article on here about some slingers smashing up some armored formations?  I don't think it killed anyone but it forced the armored formation to retreat. 

Seems like these would be the preferred projectile for doing just that.

It was a find by Caldou, at Uxellodunum; I interpreted the results (2 Aug 2015)

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1400267951

Not using lead (which the Gauls don't use, they prefer clay) but heavy round stones-- "smashers" as used for war-slinging. It was Aussie who taught me that: light stones (<100g) soon lose velocity b/c of drag, so big, 250-300 g stones are the mininum to keep energy over distance.

I would like to sling a lead bullet of 150-200g to see what it's like.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)