Alaskan chainsaw mill (Read 1089 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Alaskan chainsaw mill
May 7th, 2020 at 1:29pm

https://youtu.be/aeNfLu5HFEM

Here is a video i did, showing off my GRANBERG Alaskan chainsaw mill, cutting slabs. I had a request to show it off, so since i need the practice,  i been playing with it all day today

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Alaskan chainsaw mill
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2020 at 3:23pm

Great tool if you don't have the cash for a saw mill.  That looks like hard work.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2020 at 5:05pm

Its a great tool. I like that you have the option of a less expensive tool that still gets the job done. Did a quick search and ya... $200 vs $10,000 dollars makes that choice pretty simple.

Also found this if youre interested. Seems similar to your device. Might make the job a bit easier.

https://youtu.be/zqg_MVbe4Wg

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #3 - May 7th, 2020 at 7:23pm

Yeh, i wish i had gotten a portable saw mill, but couldn't get that amount of money ever. Lol so the chainsaw mill was the best i could get. After watching that other video, it gavr me some pointers i can definitely use. Its alot hard work,  but i don't mind,  gives me a good workout, i just take lots of breaks

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - May 7th, 2020 at 8:43pm

Someone living your lifestyle will never need a gym membership.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5 - May 8th, 2020 at 5:32am

I enjoy the work. I just wish i didnt have to work fulltime to make this happen.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - May 8th, 2020 at 4:10pm

At my age I just wouldn't have the energy for it.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - May 8th, 2020 at 6:28pm

vetryan15 wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 7:23pm:
Yeh, i wish i had gotten a portable saw mill, but couldn't get that amount of money ever. Lol so the chainsaw mill was the best i could get. After watching that other video, it gave me some pointers i can definitely use. Its alot hard work,  but i don't mind,  gives me a good workout, i just take lots of breaks

Isn’t it strange how the hard work you do out on your own land, building things with your own two hands is so satisfying and meaningful while the hard work you do at “work” is usually drudgery? Even if you are doing well and making a difference in peoples lives? At least that’s how I feel some times. I’ve always thought working a farm on your own land back in the 1800’s would’ve been an interesting time to be alive. Yes there’s all sorts of ways to die a painful death but imagine being as free as they were?

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #8 - May 9th, 2020 at 3:25am

Yeh, i feel the same. Except for my jjob, it isnt meaningful.  I use to work jobs i cared qbout. Now its for me to enjoy life, annd the work i do sucks, its just for the money. I am a huge fan of the mountain man fur trapping era. 1800-1860s exploring  the west thats the life for me, or even being up in Alaska at that time, as that was my ultimate dream for the last decade. Living remote.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Chris, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar)