Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Retention cord placement - Accuracy improvement? (Read 2292 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Retention cord placement - Accuracy improvement?
Reply #15 - May 13th, 2020 at 1:22am

Slyngorm wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 11:35am:
Interesting observation!

NooneOfConsequence wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 12:51am:
The wider the gap between the retention and release cords is, the faster the ammo exits the pouch after you let go of the release cord.

Would it then be even better to place the retention cord on your ring finger?

I wouldn’t say wider is better necessarily. It just changes the timing a tiny bit. Wider spreads will also cause the pouch to roll back and forth during a swing too, so your ammo position in the pouch will change depending on the relative angles of the two cords when you let go.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #16 - May 23rd, 2020 at 6:17am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 1:22am:
I wouldn’t say wider is better necessarily. It just changes the timing a tiny bit. Wider spreads will also cause the pouch to roll back and forth during a swing too, so your ammo position in the pouch will change depending on the relative angles of the two cords when you let go.

So THAT is the weird thing I have felt since I placed the retention on my ring finger  Huh

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #17 - May 24th, 2020 at 4:42am

I'll have to give CA's grip a shot too and see how that works, very interesting
There really are 101 styles how to hold a sling..

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Chris, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Rat Man)