Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Smashing up some wooden boards (Read 2303 times)
Shakli

City Slinger

Re: Smashing up some wooden boards
Reply #15 - May 5th, 2020 at 11:33pm

Is there a reason you keep switching styles?  For a beginner do you think using only one style would be better until you get some accuracy?

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #16 - May 7th, 2020 at 1:01am

Sticking with one style andand practicing it religeously is the best method for accuracy. Unfortunately for me, I get bored easily and sticking to one style when there are so many different ways to use a sling sounds extra boring Cheesy I started off with helicopter and got good enough that it wasn't going backwards. After that I've tried to learn every sling style there is and I think I can do all of them now just not all perfectly with certainly not with perfect accuracy. The style I'm most accurate with is Greek but it's also possibly my least favourite style which makes practicing difficult Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #17 - May 16th, 2020 at 5:53pm

Kick wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 1:01am:
Sticking with one style andand practicing it religeously is the best method for accuracy.

I've found (thanks to the help of this board) that this really kills slinging for me. I can't use the same technique for an extended period of time, even if I switch styles between then. In the end I loose all ability to use that technique.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #18 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:53am

Same for me Cheesy I am constantly switching it up and trying to learn all the styles.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Kick, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man)