Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decorative knots but... (Read 492 times)
perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Decorative knots but...
Apr 17th, 2020 at 9:49am

in flat material. Ribbon, webbing, tape etc.

Just fooling with some flat material I've had lying around. Wondering if any more advanced tiers had some advice for decorative knots in flat material. I'll experiment but thought I'd see if there's some advice. Google and bing searches don't turn up much.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Re: Decorative knots but...
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 11:30am

Advice? Not really. Ideas? Yep!

Keywords for google:
- fancy hair ribbons tie / bow tie / ties.  There are a couple amazing ones out there.
- basketry weave around a ball or cube. I made a seat that way by braiding around a box. With stiff material you can make boxes without a core.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Decorative knots but...
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 12:49pm

basketry is a great search term I hadn't thought of, great idea teg!

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar)