Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Move back 10 feet challenge (Read 13887 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Move back 10 feet challenge
Reply #30 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 2:01pm

I wrote I was slinging at 10, 20 and 30 meters rather than feet. Too many long shifts I think Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #31 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 11:19am

This is very similar to the old archery technique of shoot and hit take two steps back and if you miss take a step forward. I have to say I like this better though because with a sling it’s hard to make headway you just keep going back and then forward unless you’re having a good day. Can’t wait to try some of these challenges as well!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #32 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 2:49pm

We've had heavy snow this morning. Most of it melted really quickly but now everything is soaked so it'll be a few days before I can useaccept my practice area.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #33 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 10:05pm

Good news and bad news.  The good news is I was able to get the full challenge in today.  This challenge was absolutely exhausting.  The bad news is that the video is going to take a little while to put together.  I don't have any time tonight but will start working on it tomorrow.  It should be ready in a couple days.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #34 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 10:26pm

Looking forward to it

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #35 - Apr 21st, 2020 at 9:44pm

This was the longest video edit I've ever done, by far.  But it's done. Smiley

My full Back-Up-10-Feet challenge.

https://youtu.be/4iD4RTBBIPI

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #36 - Apr 22nd, 2020 at 12:15am

Great stuff joe. I’m hoping I can get an attempt at this .
I don’t think my video skills are up to yours but, might just be a time lapse or a few clips.
Roughly what size is your target??

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #37 - Apr 22nd, 2020 at 3:48am

I think I need to make attempt two this week. Indoor challenge number two is coming as well. One thing that might slow me down is that hay fever has hit hard so being outside for extended periods isn't so good for my breathing which is funny to think about during this corona pandemic. I have antihistamines but they make me feel super slow and dumb so expect me to mix up meters and feet again Cheesy

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #38 - Apr 22nd, 2020 at 8:56am

Mersa wrote on Apr 22nd, 2020 at 12:15am:
Roughly what size is your target??

It's the same pallet I've been using for a while.  I have it leaning up against my archery target.  The pallet is about 2 ft (62 cm) high and 2.5 ft (76 cm) wide.

Kick wrote on Apr 22nd, 2020 at 3:48am:
they make me feel super slow and dumb so expect me to mix up meters and feet again Cheesy

That made me laugh so hard.  Grin

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #39 - Apr 22nd, 2020 at 5:16pm

How did you make that many ice-balls? Do you have several freezers? or is it just really cold at night? Also, how do you make them?

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #40 - Apr 22nd, 2020 at 5:53pm

No, just one freezer.  I have two spherical ice molds that make 6 each.  Through the week I try to refill them in the morning and at night, so on a good day I get 2 dozen ice balls.  I just have dedicated space in my freezer to store them.  One of the bonuses of living alone.

There's lots of companies that make them.  If you run a search online for 'sphere ice mold' you'll find them.  They're usually marketed for whiskey.  The ones I use the most are 2.5 inch diameter.  Although I have molds for 1.1 inch and 1.8 inch as well.

It was edited out of the video, but twice I ran out behind the target and looked through the brush to recover unbroken ice balls.  My hits for 100 and 110 feet were both done with a wet and melting ice ball. Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #41 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 2:39am

It's surprising how long those ice balls last even on a kind of warm day. I've slung the same ice ball 3 times before it got too small and broken to use. I have a 6 ball and a 4 ball mould. I ordered another 6 ball one but it still hasn't turned up. I assume because of corona messing up production and shipping in China.

IP Logged

PracticalParacord
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #42 - Apr 25th, 2020 at 4:55am

Great Challange to practice  daily.Good excersie and will push you to learn fundamentals you wouldn't learn in a short sling session.Fun Fun Fun
Thanks for the challange Joe.
https://youtu.be/fzDAgnOEx-0

https://youtu.be/yWLnezi34Gc

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #43 - Apr 25th, 2020 at 8:13pm

Nice stuff!! Both of you!!
I’m really hoping to get an attempt in somewhere.
Videos are going to be horrible compared to these but.
Wish I was computer savvy and had an editing program.

Seems like 100ft starts getting pretty difficult, that’s roughly 30m?? I’m hoping I’ll make it to that distance in a hour.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #44 - Apr 25th, 2020 at 8:45pm

If you use Windows 10, you can easily get Movie maker, you just have to download it from the Microsoft app store. That is what I use, and it's fine.

John R.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)