Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What Are You Grateful For? (Read 650 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
What Are You Grateful For?
Mar 14th, 2020 at 2:00pm

I  am a half full glass person.  I could tell you about profound personal tragedy but why dwell on  such stuff?  Everyone has their cross to bear.  I'd rather look around at things to be happy about.
    Just being here at the ripe age of sixty five is something to be thankful for.  Many of my  family members and close friends are gone now.  A  good number were younger than me when they passed.  Each new season is progressively more precious.   Along the same lines, though I have issues I'm still mostly functional.  I still walk the dogs a few miles a day and bowl two or three times a week.  Again, many of my friends who are younger can't. 
    America has always had it's problems but food is plentiful here.  Though at times I haven't been able to eat exactly what I've wanted I've never had to worry about starvation.  These days I eat very well.  In my world that's something to be very thankful for. 
     Finally, though it's full of ghosts, I'm very happy with this little lake house I own.  It's a good place to make my last stand. 
      So what are you grateful for?

IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Re: What Are You Grateful For?
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 10:38am

I guess I'm more on the glass half empty side, but maybe part of the problem is I've never figured out why saying half-full or half-empty makes a difference  Wink.

Grateful for a few close friends, and health which is better than it could be.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2020 at 11:47am

I try to be grateful for everything because I feel like the difficult parts of our life make us who we are while the good parts of our life let us enjoy it for awhile. That being said I need reminding of that concept on a regular basis.

I am grateful for my family, friends and pets. My spirituality which has helped me stay centered throughout my life and my very strange obsessions with fungus, weapons and the natural world.

IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2020 at 10:18am

Oh. Another thing I'm grateful for which I forgot to mention previously.

Particularly during this massive social experiment we are all involved in.

It's comforting to be able to read other people's remarks about what is going on, and their own reflections on it that I can be confident are from real people - as distinct from trolls and bot networks.

So, I'm grateful for this forum's continued existence  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)