Send Topic Print
Coronavirus (Read 8954 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Coronavirus
Reply #255 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 3:06pm

I certainly hope you're right.  What concerns me the most is that unlike the flu we can apparently catch this over and over again.  I certainly would like to see things return to normal as much as anyone else.  But I'm  going to be in no big rush to join the stampede back to the bars, restaurants, movies, etc..

IP Logged

Morphy
Interfector Viris Spurii

Checkmate

Reply #256 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 1:52pm

The big rush we had to open back up, especially with people not social distancing I think was the big problem.

Despite my desire to celebrate the small wins, this disease really does concern me. It is very real and just because itís not the immediate disaster we were told it would be itís still a scary disease that can and will kill you if you are unlucky enough to get a bad case of it.

The most concerning being that there are cases of really healthy people getting it who get extremely sick. One being a firefighter I know of who was in super good shape and now has tubes coming out of his chest; anecdotal but concerning.

I still worry far more about another wave of this or some other disease but I know of several medics that have gotten very bad cases of one of the strains going around here.

ďEvery record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.Ē

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #257 - Jul 25th, 2020 at 11:24am

I got an email from my bowling league today.  They're attempting to start up again.  They've put some safeguards in place;  smaller, three person teams, everyone must be masked, no food from the snack bar, less people allowed in the bowling alley, all tables farther apart, etc.  Bowling was a good portion of my social life and I do miss it but one gets only gets one chance to do the plague right.  I'll pass this time around.

IP Logged

IronGoober

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #258 - Jul 29th, 2020 at 6:21pm

Morphy wrote on Jul 24th, 2020 at 1:52pm:
The big rush we had to open back up, especially with people not social distancing I think was the big problem.

Despite my desire to celebrate the small wins, this disease really does concern me. It is very real and just because itís not the immediate disaster we were told it would be itís still a scary disease that can and will kill you if you are unlucky enough to get a bad case of it.

The most concerning being that there are cases of really healthy people getting it who get extremely sick. One being a firefighter I know of who was in super good shape and now has tubes coming out of his chest; anecdotal but concerning.

I still worry far more about another wave of this or some other disease but I know of several medics that have gotten very bad cases of one of the strains going around here.

Honestly, it's the anecdotal events that scare me the most. Sure, statistically you'd be fine, but anecdotally, any one of us could be totally f'd. That is what gives me the most caution about this disease.

Another thought, that's why many people get flu shots too, statistically, most will be fine, but you don't want to be the anecdote.

John R.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #259 - Jul 30th, 2020 at 8:42am

https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-the-coronavirus-spread-through-the-air

Yet another reason to avoid elevators and take the stairs.

Also... isnít it wonderful how half a year into a pandemic, itís still considered newsworthy that it MIGHT be spread through the air?!  As a scientist, this is really embarrassing.  As a human being, it is infuriating that people get paid to "inform" the public with such amazing insights.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2020 at 11:52pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

ďMy final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!† Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!ď† -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Interfector Viris Spurii

Checkmate

Reply #260 - Jul 30th, 2020 at 7:40pm

IronGoober wrote on Jul 29th, 2020 at 6:21pm:
Morphy wrote on Jul 24th, 2020 at 1:52pm:

Honestly, it's the anecdotal events that scare me the most. Sure, statistically you'd be fine, but anecdotally, any one of us could be totally f'd. That is what gives me the most caution about this disease.

Another thought, that's why many people get flu shots too, statistically, most will be fine, but you don't want to be the anecdote.

You and me both IG. Those anecdotal stories are the ones that keep you alive. That fear keeps you cautious.

ďEvery record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.Ē

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Chris, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)