Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Re: Coronavirus
Reply #195 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 3:44am

Rat Man wrote on Apr 21st, 2020 at 12:13pm:
Now come on Wall Street don't be slow,
This here's war a go go,
There's plenty of money to be made,
Supplyin' the army with the tools of the trade....

And, hey! There's an election to be won!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #196 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 7:00am

wanderer wrote on Apr 23rd, 2020 at 3:42am:
Morphy wrote on Apr 22nd, 2020 at 4:36pm:
So turns out that video is not a hoax. It is John Roberts the White House corespondent for Fox News and New York Times photographer Doug Mills.

They claim the whole thing is just a joke. I guess that’s really the only thing you could say. If a preliminary vaccine was available to those people around the President all the time none of us would be told, probably under threat of a national security violation. No one is claiming it’s not real though. AP has already run a story on it as have others.

John Roberts has dismissed it as a joke. But listen to it and make up your own mind. If it’s a joke it sure doesn’t sound like it. In poor taste As well all things considered.  The study he cited In the recording is real I have no reason to think the rest is not.

Guess we get to file this in the “The peasants will never know for sure” right next to “Epstein definitely, for super sure killed himself so stop asking”

Sorry but this video is utterly classic trolling in my opinion.

That doesn't mean I can tell you who the troll is Wink.

The mix of truth (the two California studies are true, as far as I can see) and fiction, whether joke or otherwise, about people in the White House being vaccinated, is Propaganda 101.

So, apparently, we have an infection with a quiet low infection fatality rate (ie. why worry about it?), conjoined with the conspiracy-style 'the leaders are all vaccinated and safe against this'.

I find it hard to believe any administration (even this one!) would decide to inoculate themselves with an untried vaccine. Then, we start thinking of reasons why they would have a safe vaccine, and down the rabbit hole we go.  Sad

I mean anything is possible?  I personally question whether two people with this kind of access and credentials would make a joke video like this. Especially about this subject. You know what I’m saying? Regardless of actual mortality rate people are dying and losing their livelihoods. There’s no question that they said it. It’s a real conversation so that leaves the only options as them being serious or they are joking. If joking it’s just about the strangest joke I’ve heard. Neither one gives any indication and both seem to be having a legit conversation. I don’t know. People can listen for themselves and make up their own mind I guess. Strange video either way.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #197 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 5:47pm

Yes, I am bored. Most of us are.  People are social animals.  We aren't built for this.  But I would much rather be bored than drowning in my own snot in the hospital.  I'll take bored.

IP Logged

duckdiver
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

san mateo coast
Reply #198 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 9:27pm

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #199 - May 3rd, 2020 at 1:07am

When coronavirus reaches all corners of the empire...

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #200 - May 3rd, 2020 at 4:21am

duckdiver wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 9:27pm:

idiots show their real intentions

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #201 - May 4th, 2020 at 9:38pm

Sarosh wrote on May 3rd, 2020 at 4:21am:
duckdiver wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 9:27pm:

idiots show their real intentions

I can't imagine such a device being effective.  You'd have to find a suspect who was willing to stand still while you get the stupid thing around him.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #202 - May 5th, 2020 at 11:22am

Back when people carried swords, Japanese and Chinese police carried long poles with a fork on the end and lots of cords with fishhooks.  Several of them would pin the guy with the forks, the hooks kept him from pulling loose.  A few more would rush the swordsman and and then club him into submission. 

Seemed to work, gunpowder is what made the police stop using that, the swordsman would pull out a gun and start shooting.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #203 - May 8th, 2020 at 4:25pm

In that I'm retired, other than not bowling two or three times a week my life hasn't been significantly changed by this quarantine.  Without the bowling though one day is the same as the next.  I often have no idea what day of the week it is.  If our so called government  decides that it's time to open things up again I will remain quarantined.  I'm not willing to die to restart our economy.  I will remain as I am now until there's a vaccine. Many feel as I do. Things won't be "normal" again until that vaccine is produced.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #204 - May 9th, 2020 at 1:31am

I don't think anything will be normal again. One thing might be the death of the handshake. I think it was something that younger people weren't that bothered about before anyway and the rise of digital communication was changing things, but now I can't imagine ever shaking someone's hand again comfortably. Then again, I'm a nurse, we never shook hands before the virus anyway. Same as you Ratman, it's going to take a vaccine for me to really feel comfortable and even then there's going to be a lot of idiots that won't get it so it's hard to know at what point I can relax. Now it's out in the wild and mutating, it might be that this is a seasonal thing now or society will just always be far more closed up than it was before. Everything is still so uncertain.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #205 - May 9th, 2020 at 3:31am

can we trust a vaccine that was produced so fast ?
not refusing to vaccinate but I would prefer to be vaccinated last.
It would be nice if we could be sure that scientists worked for science and humanity and not for corporations. if people can print out money and get away with it they will, opportunity makes the thief.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #206 - May 12th, 2020 at 2:06pm

We are a hot spot here in the Northeast.  In my county, Camden County New Jersey, there are currently 4,758 cases with 217 deaths.  I am laying as low as possible.  This is a giant turd sandwich.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #207 - May 12th, 2020 at 2:22pm

Sarosh wrote on May 9th, 2020 at 3:31am:
can we trust a vaccine that was produced so fast ?
not refusing to vaccinate but I would prefer to be vaccinated last.
It would be nice if we could be sure that scientists worked for science and humanity and not for corporations. if people can print out money and get away with it they will, opportunity makes the thief.

Too many people don’t want to even consider this train of thought.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #208 - May 12th, 2020 at 3:20pm

Rat Man wrote on May 12th, 2020 at 2:06pm:
   We are a hot spot here in the Northeast.  In my county, Camden County New Jersey, there are currently 4,758 cases with 217 deaths.  I am laying as low as possible.  This is a giant turd sandwich.

What's the population size? Here in Finland we've had 275 throughout the whole country, majority of them being in Uusimaa.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #209 - May 12th, 2020 at 4:25pm

Morphy wrote on May 12th, 2020 at 2:22pm:
Too many people don’t want to even consider this train of thought.

lol yes , we could write a book  "the eleventh commandment"    thou shalt not trust

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, David Morningstar)