Send Topic Print
Coronavirus (Read 33218 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Coronavirus
Reply #135 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 9:07am

I been trying,  but i do janitorial work. So i am constantly cleaning.  And unfortunately Most Mainers are NOT that bright. So they dont think any rules apply to them, or think they can do whatever they want. I have come to terms, that I WILL most likely get it. Its just a matter of time. Just due to the nature of my job, and even with me doing as many precautions  as we are taking at the store. Its just that the locals, dont care, or dont realize the severity of this situation.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #136 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 9:35pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 12:55am:
Well Rat Man... politics is politics, Corona Virus is Corona Virus, and OPSEC is OPSEC. In this case all three tautologies meet in a single story!

The daily koz is far from an unbiased source. Here’s a more fair-minded, fact-based, and non-political take on the story:
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32871/navy-sacks-carrier-captain-pulls-ano...

This is certainly a very interesting story.  I had trouble with the link you posted.  I got the headline and nothing else. 

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #137 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 11:46pm

LP heading off to WalMart

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #138 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 5:54pm

Not sure if I’ve already said this here and I’m too lazy to reread the whole thread but I want an old time plague mask to use on 911 calls. That would go over well with my Captain I’m sure.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #139 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 9:19pm

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #140 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 9:21pm

There’s one for you Morphy

Banggood has vinyl versions for under $20, but the leather one is probably worth the extra cost

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #141 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 10:10am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 9:21pm:
There’s one for you Morphy

Banggood has vinyl versions for under $20, but the leather one is probably worth the extra cost

Beautiful. Nothing says “we’re here to help” like a plague mask.  Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #142 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 10:48am

Dusted off the old 3D printer this week since the new hotness at all the popular grocery stores is face coverings. Next I plan to pull out the sewing machine and start making masks from cut up HEPA vacuum bags. Not quite as cool as Morphy’s plague mask, but maybe I can still figure out how to stuff my face shield with potpourri  Grin

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #143 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 3:31pm

It looks very good. You guys with your 3D printers amaze me. That being said you may want to hold on to it for the next plague. You all will be happy to hear that I have officially cancelled the pandemic. It turns out oil of oregano and Rose Quartz crystals will cleanse your aura thus making the virus inert. Yes. I’ve been in quarantine too long. Just saying.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #144 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:09pm

Please don't joke... One of my Facebook friends, when coronavirus really started hitting, started posting about "vitamin supplements" that "boost immunity". They were vague enough to not come out and say straight "These random pills will cure coronavirus" but if someone is selling water during a house fire, you can be fairly sure it isn't for drinking... I shared a Tweet that was calling people out that do that as being scum effectively which was then liked by a number of mutual friends so they must have seen it. They stopped posting about vitamins pretty soon after. Oh yeah, this friend is also a nurse and we studied together. Terrifying. They're a nice person, but they have a bullshit magnet on their forehead. Either a magnet or the word "Sucker".

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #145 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 5:54pm

I had a big sigh of relief today.  Last weekend my dad started feeling sick and ended up getting tested.  He got the result today and it was negative.  Like I said, big sigh of relief.  Nothing but sympathy for the people whose tests come out otherwise.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #146 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 6:48pm

good news joe

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #147 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 7:17am

One of our residents has a cough. No temperature and no other symptoms but still. A cough.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #148 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 8:20am

Good to hear Joe.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #149 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 2:49pm

Very good to hear, Joe.
    The economic devastation from this pandemic is almost incomprehensible. Consider how many small businesses were  surviving month to month or week to week.  How many countless thousands have or will go out of business.  I don't have the figures but I can imagine millions ending up unemployed.  I don't wish to spread doom and gloom but another depression seems like a done deal.  On a global scale trillions of dollars are being lost.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris)