Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Practice video for Mallorca 2020 (Read 586 times)
Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Practice video for Mallorca 2020
Mar 4th, 2020 at 11:59am

Here's the video finally edited of my last practice before I headed off to Mallorca. I was getting a lot of bounce hits (more than I remembered before editing) which was annoying but I was still overall fairly consistent. I found in the competition that Greek style is where I did best so I will probably do a video of just Greek and see how I do now I'm back home.

https://youtu.be/hy48vWEHKzs

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Practice video for Mallorca 2020
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2020 at 12:53pm

Nice!  How do you feel that practicing on a ground target worked?  If you do make it to another tournament next year (or whenever), will practice be the same, or would you try to set up a target similar to what is used in the competition?

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Practice video for Mallorca 2020
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2020 at 3:18pm

I would kill for a proper Balearic target. Having it on the ground is unfortunately a necessity rather than a choice. I did ok in the competition (far better than I even dreamed I would do) so it seemed it worked to an extent. I think it's kind of good for hunting practice too. I've said before I have no interest in actually hunting, but learning how to use a sling "realistically" is interesting.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Kick, Chris, Morphy, joe_meadmaker)