Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Book recommendations (Read 453 times)
perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Book recommendations
Feb 27th, 2020 at 2:34pm

Thought it might be fun to start a thread where you drop in a request. And other people weigh in as they're inclined.

I've read a lot of knot books and tied more than a few knots as I read. One piece of work with cordage that I haven't found much on are decorative wrappings. So you can find french whipping here, maybe some cox-combing there, learn japanese hilt wrapping over there but they tend to be dispersed. Does anybody know a good book that has lots of examples of that type of wrapping?

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Book recommendations
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2020 at 10:22pm

That’s a very specific request!  Unfortunately I don’t have a good answer for that one, but I like the idea of a book thread.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Book recommendations
Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2020 at 6:09pm

lol, it is. Any white whales you're hunting?

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris)