Send Topic Print
A Random Thought (Read 2587 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: A Random Thought
Reply #15 - Mar 4th, 2020 at 12:15pm

There's a beautiful Cedar water river called the Mullica that runs through the Pine Barrens, into Great Bay, then of course out into the Atlantic.  My lottery dream house is on that river, preferably on the freshwater section.  My parents started taking me there since before I can remember.  We took our runabout there a lot in the '60s.  Love that river.  It's beautiful with all the fish and Blue Claw Crabs you could ever want. I am very happy with the haunted little lake house I live in now but my dream house is on the Mullica.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #16 - Mar 17th, 2020 at 11:54am

I don’t like the idea of a big house. I like big gardens, lots of land and my own personal lake but I have no use for mansions. As long as I didn’t have to mow it I would like several hundred/thousand acres to roam on.

As for the house I would like a man cave, an archery/slinging lane and a workshop and enough space to make the family happy in their hobbies. Other than that, I’m good.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #17 - Mar 22nd, 2020 at 7:40pm

Back to the Beverly Hillbillies... almost every episode they'll make some city slicker queasy by inviting him to dinner and describing what Granny has planned.  Hog jowls and grits, pickled crow gizzards, baked possum in gopher gravy, etc..  Even as a child I wanted to try these things.  They sound good to me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)