Send Topic Print
Favorite Pizza? (Read 1686 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Favorite Pizza?
Feb 22nd, 2020 at 9:47pm

I like all kinds of pizza... White Pizza, Veggie, Hawaiian, etc. It's all good. But I do have my preferences. 
   I am a big guy with a legendary appetite.  If I order a regular large pizza it's usually gone or mostly gone in one sitting. That's very disappointing.  I love leftover pizza, especially for breakfast.  Consequently I usually order a Sicilian Pizza.  It will last me for two days at least.  I usually get pepperoni and mushrooms with anchovies.  Yes, I love those smelly, salty little dead fish. 
   So what's your favorite pizza?

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Favorite Pizza?
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2020 at 11:06pm

Well we have a place near where I used to live and they make classic wood fired Italian pizzas.
The pizza goes by the name of the restaurant “the alfornetto”.
Hand made dough, tomato base, olives, anchovies, hand made Italian pepperoni, covered in cheese. Cooked just right in a stone wood fired oven. Delicious is an understatement.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2020 at 11:29pm

Mersa wrote on Feb 22nd, 2020 at 11:06pm:
Well we have a place near where I used to live and they make classic wood fired Italian pizzas.
The pizza goes by the name of the restaurant “the alfornetto”.
Hand made dough, tomato base, olives, anchovies, hand made Italian pepperoni, covered in cheese. Cooked just right in a stone wood fired oven. Delicious is an understatement.

Sounds heavenly.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2020 at 1:06am

My go to pizza options are usually buffalo chicken, white, or pepperoni & sausage.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2020 at 3:30am

Am I going to be the one that breaks the peace? So be it.

Pineapple on pizza is a sin.

I said it.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2020 at 4:52am

Kick wrote on Feb 23rd, 2020 at 3:30am:
Am I going to be the one that breaks the peace? So be it.

Pineapple on pizza is a sin.

I said it.

Its better then what i saw a few months ago. Avocado on pizza.  Ewwww. Thats disgusting

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2020 at 5:37am

vetryan15 wrote on Feb 23rd, 2020 at 4:52am:
Its better then what i saw a few months ago. Avocado on pizza.  Ewwww. Thats disgusting

WOW.

No.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2020 at 12:18pm

I am blessed in that I like almost all food.  Avocado or Pineapple on a pizza doesn't turn me off.  It's hard to find something that offends me. 
    The worst pizza I ever had was on a school trip to New York City when I was a child.  I got a slice while visiting The Empire State Building.  It was so horrible that when I got to the open floor near the top I tossed it off.  Some poor New Yorker far, far below probably ended up wearing my horrible pizza.  You know it had to be really bad if a) I tossed it, because I eat anything. b) I remember it almost sixty years later. 
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2020 at 10:29pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2020 at 1:55pm

One of the best pizzas I've had (multiple times) was actually from a food truck in Helsinki. Wait! Wait! Hold on let me finish! This food truck was run by these three guys and they made these vegan pizzas... Stop rolling your eyes! Honestly, they made fantastic pizzas with blended cashew nuts instead of cheese. It was so delicious I would always look out for them wherever they had food trucks. Sadly their truck kept getting broken into and trashed so they called it quits. I was genuinely upset when I heard that. Damn that was good pizza...

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #9 - Mar 2nd, 2020 at 9:38pm

Honestly if you can find a real restaurant made pizza that's what's up.
Greasy street corner pizza is something I have no taste left for anymore. I can eat it but I don't enjoy it🤢

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 7:08am

These days I always make my own.
And yep I actually prefer it cold the next day Smiley

I always make two at a time.
Always a veggy only one. Olives, caperberries, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, grilled peppers. And whatever I've got in jars.

Then a meat or seafood one.
That can be anything from game to sausages.

I've pretty much stopped using a tomato sauce and these days usually use pesto as a base.
It's cheap and comes in different flavours from lidl Smiley

And always anchovies Smiley

I'll dig some pics up later 

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #11 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 8:30am

Tomas wrote on Mar 2nd, 2020 at 9:38pm:
Greasy street corner pizza is something I have no taste left for anymore. I can eat it but I don't enjoy it🤢

There's a weird thing I've noticed in Finland. The pizzas aren't nearly as greasy as back in the UK. Even cheap takeaway places aren't nearly as bad over here. Boxes are usually see-through after a pizza in the UK.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #12 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 12:21pm

Tomas wrote on Mar 2nd, 2020 at 9:38pm:

In America we have Domino's Pizza.  It's a big chain famous for delivering pizzas to your door very quickly.  Their pizzas are very greasy and  have very little flavor.  They are edible but that's the best I can say for them.  Right up the street there's a little shop owned by Italians called Epiro's.  It's been there for as long as I can remember.  They make great pizzas (and everything else) there.  Roomy Mike always orders from Domino's.  This is beyond my comprehension.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus)