Send Topic Print
Diets?? (Read 5882 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Diets??
Reply #30 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 4:22am

Everyone just needs to move off grid, and spend all year chopping firewood.  Lol. Its a great workout.  I haven't  been this fit since the military over 10 years ago. I can eat whatever i want, and with me being as busy as i am working on some sort of project. I am non stop, slow, but always moving.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #31 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 9:02am

A number of years ago, I lost 50+ (25kg) pounds in about four months.  I didn't diet exactly, I just watched what I ate, didn't heap my plate, didn't get seconds, cut out snacks except at scheduled times, snacked on dried fruit and nuts instead of something with refined flour and sugar.  I also increased the amount of I walked.  I cut way back on alcohol, and tried to cut my sugar intake to as low as possible.  I also started eating soups for lunch, they left me feeling fuller for longer. My idea of a soup is probably a stew to most people. 

When I first started and would get hungry enough to eat paint chips, I would snack on the fruit or nuts and wash it down with either coffee, tea or water.  (No cream or sugar.) But with a liquid, so I felt fuller, longer.

I also quit smoking at the same time.

You won't lose weight or quit smoking or drinking or drugs until you decide to straighten up your life.  And once you do, the battle will continue for the rest of your life.  Which generally lasts longer than if you don't.  My graduating High School class had 18 people in it, at least three are dead from health related issues.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #32 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 7:44pm

vetryan15 wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 4:22am:
Everyone just needs to move off grid, and spend all year chopping firewood.  Lol. Its a great workout.  I haven't  been this fit since the military over 10 years ago. I can eat whatever i want, and with me being as busy as i am working on some sort of project. I am non stop, slow, but always moving.

This would absolutely work.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #33 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 8:38pm

Agreed I bet that’s a diet we can all get behind VetRyan

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #34 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:49pm

@
Morphy

LOL, beer & burgers. The J Belushi diet? Huh

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #35 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 9:56am

walter wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:49pm:
@
Morphy

LOL, beer & burgers. The J Belushi diet? Huh

The Belushi diet has the added step of snorting lines off a hookers backside.  Smiley

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #36 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 2:37pm

I just wished i didnt have to work a job of 30 to 40 hours a week. That would give me more time to do more projects, but i unfortunately  need some income. But i just buy whatever meats on sale, my gf  cans it in the pressure cooker, and now she is experimenting making meals and canning that.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #37 - Jun 27th, 2020 at 4:11pm

vetryan15 wrote on Jun 26th, 2020 at 2:37pm:
I just wished i didnt have to work a job of 30 to 40 hours a week. That would give me more time to do more projects, but i unfortunately  need some income. But i just buy whatever meats on sale, my gf  cans it in the pressure cooker, and now she is experimenting making meals and canning that.

Do you see a day when you are completely self sufficient and won't need that outside job?

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #38 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 3:43am

I am hoping i am, but i dont belive here in maine i would be able to. We wil be startimf a familiy soon, i dont thjink its gonna be feasable. Unless my knifemaking takes off. Then i think it could be possible. We have discussed moving to remote Alaska,  which i could definitely do.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #39 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 12:47pm

I just got done rewatching Season 6 of Alone.  That's the show where they drop off ten people alone with ten survival items in a remote location and the one who can last the longest gets half a million dollars.  This episode was in the Canadian Arctic.  After sixty or seventy days the last few contestants have lost a third or more of their original weight. 
     My fantasy is having to eat that much weight back on.  My God, would that be heaven or what?  Until I was twenty one I ate like ten men and stayed as skinny as a toothpick.  Then my metabolism changed and I've been fighting the Battle of the Bulge ever since.  To be able to eat like a pig again and not worry about it would be wonderful.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #40 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 7:17pm

More than halfway through diet number 3 for the year and not  really getting much out of this one. Kinda nice being off processed sugar but otherwise not much else has changed. Why was carnivore so good

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #41 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 9:43am

Over halfway through my 4th and final diet for the year,
I’ve done
Carnivore
Pescatarian
Paleo
And now Keto

Next year I plan on doing a seasonal diet for a month of each season, this year was a big experiment and I never would have thought my body responded to carnivore so well, I might need to look into some medical tests to try explain exactly why I felt so good on that diet compared to the others, I thought I would have similar feeling on Keto but it’s not even close

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)