Send Topic Print
2020 Danger Goods (Read 1362 times)
Slingbasket

Slingers Unite!

USA
2020 Danger Goods
Feb 2nd, 2020 at 7:15pm

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1580321686

Slingers- not sure if you saw this yet. I recently picked one up and was very impressed with it. The packaging and contents are  top notch. These are perfect to pass along to friends and family to foster an interest in slinging. The kit contains the string and knowledge required to craft a split pouch sling.

This is going to be an exciting year! Check it out and leave your thoughts!

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: 2020 Danger Goods
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 7:47pm

How about some free ones? I wanted yo text you about them.  What exactly your relationship with them,??

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 8:25am

Yeah... I get the impression that we are the marketing plan for Dangergoods.  Meh. This is the wrong place to sell sling kits. We can critique them and offer feedback, but this forum isn’t going to generate a lot of sales, and I’m personally turned off by the way David introduced himself with a sales pitch.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 8:52am

I think it’s a model with potential, not for active slingers but for people who barely know what it is, that enjoy active crafts and hobbies.
I can see it in a secret Santa gift.
Or a nephews birthday present.
Stocking stuffer.
Any promotion of slinging is a plus in my eyes.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 9:22am

Mersa wrote on Feb 3rd, 2020 at 8:52am:
I think it’s a model with potential, not for active slingers but for people who barely know what it is, that enjoy active crafts and hobbies.
I can see it in a secret Santa gift.
Or a nephews birthday present.
Stocking stuffer.
Any promotion of slinging is a plus in my eyes.

100% agree. It has potential, and the price point is reasonable. Dangergoods just needs an audience to sell the products to.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Randomline
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 11:38am

Personally, I've tried using a split pouch rock sling for dog balls and it doesn't work very well for me (granted I'm new).  I think having multiple sling styles would be better (call it easy, medium, and advanced, etc.). 

As a DIYer, even a newbie slinger, I wouldn't buy something like this as figuring it out on my own is most of the fun.  However, I think this would be a good thing for kids.  I'd probably try working with scout troops, schools, etc.  There are probably some places out there looking for things like this because they can't do bb guns or even bows anymore.  Throwing tennis balls should seem much better for their insurance guy.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 11:39pm

It's sometimes hard to predict what will and won't sell.  I like the idea.  The finished sling in the picture looked a little short for my taste.  How long is it?  Would it be possible to offer a longer version?  I'm tall with long arms.  My ideal folded sling length is 38".

IP Logged

Slingbasket

Slingers Unite!

USA
Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 8:36pm

Rat man I’ll measure the string included and let you know. I have never made these types of slings before so I’m not familiar with how it will turn out. As soon as I get some time I’ll craft it and post pictures.

IP Logged

Slingbasket

Slingers Unite!

USA
Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 6:21pm

Looks like the individual strings are 15 ft.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Morphy, Chris, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark)