Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sling Kits from Danger Goods (Read 2672 times)
Danger Goods
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Sling Kits from Danger Goods
Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:14pm

Hi Forum,

I wanted to introduce you guys to a series of slinging products from Danger Goods and the thinking behind them. The goal of Danger Goods is to catalyze the growth of slinging as a precision sport in the US — a sport that could sit alongside field archery and other exciting precision sports. I'm reaching out to ask that the members of this forum will help DG spread the word to friends, family and through your social media channels to help us grow the sport of slinging.

Danger Goods was formed in 2019 to promote the sport of slinging in the US. To meet its goal, Danger Goods is producing products and apparel designed to make slinging attractive and accessible to all who are interested. Current DG products include sling kits, targets, balls, accessories and apparel.

Note: The members of this forum are not necessarily the target market for these products! You folks know too much about slinging and are more than capable of producing your own — and better — slings without the need for a kit.

Just as you wouldn’t sell an entry level fly rod combo to a professional fly fisherman, you wouldn’t target a sling kit at a customer who already has the knowledge and wherewithal to create his own sling. DG's products are intended for the much larger market of customers who have never heard of the sport of slinging. (You guys know these people; they're pretty much everyone who's not on this forum.)

Danger Goods' Sport & Survival Sling Kit contains everything a new user would need to get into the sport, including enough cord to braid one split pouch sling and instructions that will teach them how to make more on their own. The idea is that a visitor to a Cabela’s, Bass Pro or similar might see one of these hanging near the checkout line and say “Cool! I could do that with my kid.” An hour later, child and parent could both be hooked on this sport. In time, this interest could lead them to become as knowledgeable as folks like you. Ultimately, DG hopes that you will all become avid competitors in tournaments and sponsored events across the US.

I'm reaching out to this forum, because you all are the most knowledgeable people in the sport of slinging and therefore its best advocates. Please help us spread the word about Danger Goods so that we can all grow the sport together.

Since you can all make slings of your own, DG's kit is perhaps most useful to you as a gift to get others into the sport. To help you use it for that purpose, I requested a discount for members of this forum. The DG team took it a step further and generously provided a coupon for 30% off your entire order. Please use the coupon code AARDVARK upon checkout. And please reach out to info@dangergoods.com, if you run into any trouble.

Thanks team!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Sling Kits from Danger Goods
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 6:19pm

Well slinging is really taking off it seems, maybe I should have listened to my friends and tryed to make some money from it.

Love the “make slinging great again” hat ha ha.
The slinging hoodie is sweet too

Perhaps you could be interested in sponsoring some of us that are planning on going to international competition??

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Danger Goods
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:32am

Hi Mersa,

That’s a fantastic idea! How many are you? Which competitions are you planning to attend? And what would sponsorship look like? Are there any current competitions in the US?

Cheers,
D.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 5:15am

I will not be attending this year’s international, however some of us will be , the international competition is held every year around the first of March, it is held in Mallorca Spain  , competitors come from all over the globe to compete. More info can be found in the “slinging as a sport or competition “ section of the forum.

As far as I know this is the main competition however there is a rumour of another international competition being held next year in Guam.

If there is a place to find information about slinging your in the right spot.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 10:09am

HARD PASS.

IP Logged

Danger Goods
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 7:29pm

I’ll read more in the slinging as a sport section. Thanks!

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 11:35pm

It's sometimes hard to predict what will and won't sell.  I like the idea.  The finished sling in the picture looked a little short for my taste.  How long is it?  Would it be possible to offer a longer version?  I'm tall with long arms.  My ideal folded sling length is 38".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Rat Man)