Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Know anything about these slings? And two finger loops. (Read 4101 times)
Randomline
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Know anything about these slings? And two finger loops.
Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 4:11pm

I like his channel.  He is putting it all out there, his learning about making and using slings, warts and all, which is nice for me as a newbie to the sport.  And he has plenty of enthusiasm.  I also really like how his slings have been evolving over time a he tries out new things.  It's fun to watch.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 6:24pm

I found him on instagram. I’m gonna invite him to the forum

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #17 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 6:15am

I spoke with him over Instagram, he’s making an account

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #18 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 7:42am

Awesome!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #19 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:41am

Ya know what? I was way too harsh on this sling. Now I've been watching his videos for a little while I think I've realised why I didn't like the look of it in pictures but it looks (and obviously is) more practical in the videos. One thing I've seen a fair few times is people that work with paracord eventually coming round to slings because they've run out of other projects. They then make them overly fancy but more importantly they make the cords super thick. This isn't the case when you see this one in action. Obviously, he actually is into slinging and is wanting to promote it which is great, but, even more importantly, the sling cords aren't the bulky braided ones I imagined them to be from the photos. They look like perfectly reasonable sling cords. I think I let my paracord prejudice show through too much. Oops! Sorry!

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

PracticalParacord
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #20 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 6:46pm

Hey everybody its me Channing PracticalParacord.Lol.
I want to thank everyone who sees my vision and that I'm authentic and just trying to bring back this lost tradition.I mean this should be in the Olympics.To any one who played baseball,your arm is a lethal weapon.
The 2 finger loop to me is more accurate because when you throw a ball you use 2 fingers not 1. The times I really notice the difference is when I throw a small rock in a big sling,You have to flick ya wrist(whip action motion).With a single finger loop that pull back motion accuracy just isn't there like the 2 finger.
This is just what I've learned with a year of passionate slinging everyday.My slings are products of what works best for me and my style of slinging.I like big rocks going fast,far,and straight. If there is something I can tweak I am open for suggestions.
Happy slinging everybody!#practicalparacord.com

IP Logged

Slingbasket

Slingers Unite!

USA
Reply #21 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 8:24pm

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. I’ve watched some of your videos and appreciate your enthusiasm. I challenge all slingers to create a YouTube channel and post like Channing. The more that is out there furthers our cause!

Well done. Welcome brother!

Slingers Unite!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #22 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 11:48pm

Welcome channing
Great to have you on board, check out the online challenge thread, you seem well suited to join these challenges. We’re about to start the egg challenge for Easter!!

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #23 - Feb 21st, 2020 at 3:37am

Welcome from Finland! I've been making my way through almost all your videos now Cheesy You're absolutely the most enthusiastic slinger on YouTube which is exactly what slinging needs. Great to have you on board!

IP Logged

Barefoot slinger
Tiro

Slinging is an experience.
Cherish it

Québec
Reply #24 - Feb 21st, 2020 at 7:32am

I had one just like this a while ago, it worked pretty fine for smaller rocks and golf balls but I sadly made the pouch too small and had to unbraid it. They're definitely worth it and im sure they'll work well for a beginner

Look at how far I can throw this rock!

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #25 - Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:00am

Two loops spread the load which is good if you sling heavy and often.

They also help holding the sling when slinging hard, with a single loose loop I've had the whole sling go flying. This allows you to relax your hand a bit, just crooking the fingers.

Lastly, the kids often just grab the nearest sling, and they all have different size hands and I don't want to fart around adjusting loops.

I don't think it does much for accuracy, but it has no drawbacks except a bit longer to put on and take off.

I have no experience with paracord slings though. Ours are either coconut fibre, cheap wool, or nylon washing line.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #26 - Oct 31st, 2020 at 2:05pm

I have one of Channing's slings. I like the design. It is hefty and well made.

Since I'm not used to heavy slings though, I've taken his two finger loop design and started making my usual woven split pouch design with his two finger loops. I really like the way the slings perform, they do seem to be a bit more consistent in the release than a single loop. I throw a lot of rusty balls with a red end toward me and I can tell that I rifle it 75% of the time with 2 finger loops, with 1 finger loop, it is more like 30% of the time.

I recently made a few sisal slings with 2 finger loops and a tapered release cord... they work really well.

John R.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Kick, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris, vetryan15)