Send Topic Print
Mega sling collection (Read 1088 times)
JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Mega sling collection
Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:16pm

I was having a big Sunday sort out of all my tools and stuff and thought I'd sort through my big bag of slingsTM. Now these are most of the slings I've made over approx the past year, though I actually have at least this much again back home, despite multiple clear outs. It seems likely that I've made over 100 slings in total since I started up in Jan 2017. Or about 1 every 10 days for three years...!

There are in fact 34 slings, 25 of which are braided (actually one of them was from Ukranian alex and slipped into the picture!). Also my 4 whips (2 snake, 2 bull). It was quite strange, I found slings that I can't remember making but are nevertheless felt really good. It turns out I am quite well equipped for Majorca 2020! In the end I threw out about 5-6 slings which were not really up to standard (mostly because of twisted release cords, or pouch instability caused by me trying to make them too thin). I'm also planning to give away 7 of these which are all of a decent or above standard but not optimal for me. I will do another topic for the giveaways with the sizing's and a brief summary for each. Additionally if anyone fancies purchasing one that is not on the giveaways list I'm open to offers on most slings and can provide more detailed info and pics.

all_001.jpg (668 KB | 32 )
all_001.jpg
whips_balearics.jpg (309 KB | 34 )
whips_balearics.jpg
apaches.jpg (314 KB | 40 )
apaches.jpg
other.jpg (296 KB | 34 )
other.jpg
paracords.jpg (316 KB | 45 )
paracords.jpg
all_up.jpg (260 KB | 49 )
all_up.jpg

IP Logged

Saacson
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Md USA
Re: Mega sling collection
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 11:35pm

Awesome sling collection! I like the leather work. I’m currently trying different methods for sewing leather onto the finger loops. Your bullwhips are cool too. Thanks for showing them.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 1:56am

Nice collection. I also have a huge collection. I mentioned this before.... as my wife was dying from cancer I used sling making to distract me. I won't say it kept me sane because I've never been sane. It was a tough time and I made MANY slings.  I have no idea how many.  I'll have to photograph them and post them here.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 5:10am

I will happily buy a sling. I still use the Apache sling you sent me in an exchange (Was it a SITH? I don't remember now) and it's quite possibly my favourite sling to use. I would love to have another one Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 12:02pm

Count me interested too!  Are you liquidating the whips also?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #5 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 1:28pm

@Saacson/Ratman Thanks! It's funny the things we spend time doing. For me it's part art, part scientific endeavour and part something to do whilst watching TV!

@Kick Good to hear it's still getting use! There's a few apaches going in the giveaway I can reserve one for you. I'm gonna put the topic up in a bit.

@NooC The two on the left are my go-tos, but I would part with the bullwhip with the white tape end (never got round to adding that turks head knot on it). The red and black snake whip has a loud crack but the taper is disrupted by overly tight braiding over the cord hiding and it doesn't 'flow' as well as it should so I'll let that go at a discounted price.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 1:39pm

JudoP wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 1:28pm:
There's a few apaches going in the giveaway I can reserve one for you. I'm gonna put the topic up in a bit.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:20am

just take them with you to mallorca and sell them.
Serves 2 purposes.
1) you end up with not only a free holiday but spending money as well Smiley
2) clears out space and slings that aren't being used and leaves you lots of space to make some more Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker)