Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ordinary sling best performance (Read 958 times)
Saacson
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Md USA
Ordinary sling best performance
Jan 12th, 2020 at 2:11pm

I have been slinging and making slings for about 3 months. I started by making some balearic slings out of hemp and jute. I then made an andean braided sling, and a couple of staff slings. I love the artistry of those fine braided slings. I find it fascinating that the most simply constructed sling nearly out performs them all. Its a leather split pouch made from an old wallet I had, dyneema cord with dacron whipping. It takes me 2 or three hours to make them. I’m sure the light weight cord and leather are what enables the amazing distance and energy that these release. I don’t think the novelty of this ancient past time will ever wear off for me.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:20am by Saacson »  

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Re: Ordinary sling best performance
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 3:04pm

Nice looking sling Saacson.

You will definitely find that skinny super strong cords and a minimalist pouch will maximise your possible power delivery.

Most ultra long range slings consist of a long strand of fishing line and a tiny pouch on the end.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 3:35pm

I also agree.  I love making braided slings and using them.  But when I'm actually doing target slinging, I often find myself returning to the paracord and leather pouch.  Very simple and very effective.  This is one of my most used.

IP Logged

Saacson
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Md USA
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 4:31pm

JudoP wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 3:04pm:
Nice looking sling Saacson.

You will definitely find that skinny super strong cords and a minimalist pouch will maximise your possible power delivery.

Most ultra long range slings consist of a long strand of fishing line and a tiny pouch on the end.

Thanks.
Far out! I gotta try one of those!

IP Logged

Saacson
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Md USA
Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 4:39pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 3:35pm:
I also agree.  I love making braided slings and using them.  But when I'm actually doing target slinging, I often find myself returning to the paracord and leather pouch.  Very simple and very effective.  This is one of my most used.

Nice sling. The other thing that is great about them is that they are so compact and easy to carry.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 2:02am

Saacson;  I shrunk your picture.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2020 at 12:23am by Rat Man »  

sling_005.JPG (77 KB | 56 )
sling_005.JPG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Kick, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy)