Send Topic Print
Crazy Weather (Read 2217 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Crazy Weather
Jan 11th, 2020 at 7:37pm

Our weather is seriously broken.  Today it was 70 degrees Fahrenheit here.  That's 21 degrees Celsius. It will be just as warm tomorrow.  This is unheard of in this region in the middle of January.  It should be forty degrees colder at least.  Other than my three active years in the army I've lived here my entire life.  I've never seen anything like this. 

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Crazy Weather
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:32am

We have yet to have real snow over here in Finland. Most we've had is an inch that melted within 24 hours.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 10:33am

It was 60 in Western New York yesterday. Now we have rain, 60 MPH winds and 40 degree tenmps. Been like this all winter.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 1:26pm

It got to 45 up here, with rain. Had an inch of ice this morning,  with it switching to snow.  Gonna get about 5 in.  So far we have had snow on the ground since Thanksgiving

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 1:47am

Kick wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:32am:
We have yet to have real snow over here in Finland. Most we've had is an inch that melted within 24 hours.

No real snow here yet either.

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #5 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 1:09pm

Same in my part of Norway.  It sometimes snow a little, then rain a little, it melt, it freezes.  Crazy. 

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2020 at 12:19pm

Still no snow in New Jersey and none in the long range forecast. We're running out of time.  It looks like we're going to skip Winter.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2020 at 1:13pm

Same here. We had snow yesterday but it was gone by this morning and it's been raining and plus degrees. I miss the snow Sad

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2020 at 6:30am

Currently -9 here. It will get above freezing this weekend.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2020 at 7:36am

Within the last week, we  have had about 10 in of snow drop over 3 different storms, with a couple more coming next week. Right now with wind chill is -15, gonna be a high of about 8. Tonight with wind chill will be about -20 to -30. We got the wood stove cranking.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2020 at 8:37pm

vetryan15 wrote on Feb 14th, 2020 at 7:36am:
Within the last week, we  have had about 10 in of snow drop over 3 different storms, with a couple more coming next week. Right now with wind chill is -15, gonna be a high of about 8. Tonight with wind chill will be about -20 to -30. We got the wood stove cranking.

I need to move to Maine.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2020 at 6:26am

Were getting near blizzard like conditions here in Western New York. Temps of 8 degrees.

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2020 at 6:51am

I swatted the first midge of the year a couple weeks ago. And now it's been snowing for the last two days. If I remember correctly, also the first time this winter. Not that much would remain on the ground.... Crazy...

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2020 at 8:43pm

Rat Man wrote on Feb 14th, 2020 at 8:37pm:
vetryan15 wrote on Feb 14th, 2020 at 7:36am:

I need to move to Maine.

We just got a storm today. About 6 in of snow. Family in NJ, say it was just rain and wind. A tree came down from my neighbor s yard. Across the the street. I had to vhainsaw it so cars can pass it wss interesting.  My issue up here, the locals are very close minded,

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #14 - Mar 2nd, 2020 at 6:49am

The storm we had kicked up waves on Lake Erie that went over houses. As a result, many of the lake front homes are covered in several feet of ice. This week will be in the 40's, so it will all melt. Crazy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark)