Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
MK2 Hinged Glande mould (Read 8846 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
MK2 Hinged Glande mould
Jan 10th, 2020 at 4:56pm

Needs some very fine tuning on the hinge placement (you can see in the last picture there's a tiny gap at the back - easy fix). But as I've got a bunch of slightly different sized and much better quality hinges arriving tomorrow - that will wait till then  Smiley

I'm using captured nuts and long bolts to attach the hinge. Thus eliminating stress from leverage.
Plus there will be glue and/or some hot plastic to permanently lock everything in place once it's bolted together.

Basically it won't break, the hinge won't clog with clay and short of using a sledge hammer, I don't think it can be broken in normal use. 

In short you should be able to quickly knock out as many identical glandes as you like.

Next job, adding same hinge setup to the skull and smiley face moulds.

Also the plastic is made from cornstarch - no petrochemicals and will decompose in a hot compost heap. So completely enviromentally friendly.
Got to take it into consideration these days Smiley

haven't tried it yet but can't see any reason we can't have custom engraving on them as an option.

Oh yeah, old and rubbery play doh does not need flour or talc for a clean release - clay does Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: MK2 Hinged Glande mould
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 8:14pm

Schaut gut aus.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:36am

Sweet, cant wait to try it out

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 12:41pm

Very nice CA! The design has changed a lot from your original rollers!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 2:07pm

Ich nehm eine. 😁 Bitte bitte

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

funditor
Descens

Ceteram censeo, rem funditam
esse

Vienna, Austria
Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 5:14pm

Looks rock solid! What weight doues a clay glande in this form have?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:08am

the 60x30 is around 60 gms when dry, though it does depend on the clay - I already know jaegoor wants a sehr Gross one Wink

I think I ended up with 66x35 for your's christian.
The huge one I made for jaegoor just broke before I got anywhere near to closing it. To be fair I prinnted it much too weak anyway

I guess using a softer clay would make life a lot easier - but I only have the really stiff modelling clay and really soft play doh Smiley

The really large ones don't work that well. The sheer strength required to compress that amount of clay is crazy.
I could make the clay release channels larger - but it starts to effect the actual shape of the glande if too large. 

Anything much larger than  80x40 is probably not worth doing with this type of mould. The rolling moulds are much better for the really large glandes. 

Plus the sheer volume of plastic involved and printing time in the large moulds makes then very expensve as well as impractical.

Right - got to sort the new hinge blocks out and test, then fit them to the 'head' (skulls, smiley faces etc moulds Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 1:19pm

Am i in line after Jaegoor?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 8:21am

You know... now that you added handles, it reminds me of something in my kitchen. Lemon juicers  suffers from similar design challenges. I wonder if you could borrow some design ideas from them?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 10:39am

Alex. Ich hätte eine Idee für ein anderes Design. Vielleicht tauschen wir uns in Palma aus.  Wink

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 11:27am

Alas I'm fairly sure I won't make it to palma this year.
No work, no money and no savings Sad

I'll try and get a few of these out there before the international.
As well as a best use video.

The guys I promised freebies to can still have them, but I'll need postage, yep unfortunately money really is that tight Sad

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #11 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 11:32am

As far as lemon squeezers go. lemons are alot softer than clay. The whole swinging head just won't work with clay.

The idea of these is that they are tough and self contained. so if you go camping you can grab some river clay, use flour as a release agent and knock a bunch out to dry overnight next to your fire.

Also why the little trim/cut/mould stick is stored inside the mould itself

Can't think of any way to avoid losing the text stamps (hmm small hole for some thin cord maybe) - but you can always use the sticks to draw/write on the glandes if necessary Smiley

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #12 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 8:38pm

I dont mind making a video. Seemed to help with the ladt. One i made a few yesds back

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:12am

Finally got the hinge spacings sorted.

Skulls will be 40mm only at the moment.
NO idea what I did differently but my brain hurts and whenever I chage the size weird things happen whistle

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #14 - Feb 8th, 2020 at 8:02pm

Has there been any type of update??

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Morphy, Kick, vetryan15, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark)