Send Topic Print
Lottery Car (Read 1571 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Lottery Car
Nov 26th, 2019 at 12:21am

You just hit the lottery for an obscene amount of cash.  You can have any car on earth.  What would you buy?  Even though the chances of me hitting the lottery are very remote I've given this a lot of thought.  Just because I could afford the most expensive car in the world doesn't mean it would be my ideal choice.  Beautiful as the Bugatti Chiron is, would I really want to be that conspicuous?  Everywhere I went I'd be a circus.  And would I actually ever need or use its 1500 horsepower?  I would never drive at 256 mph.
    I would want something nice but not so nice I caused a riot.  I would want something fast but not necessarily the fastest car on earth.  Mostly I would want something fun to drive. 
    The 2020 Porsche Spyder wins.  It's a small car with a naturally aspirated six cylinder engine that delivers 420 horsepower with a six speed manual transmission.  Perfect.  And it's gorgeous without being gaudy.
   Of course with that kind of money I'd have several vehicles but my first purchase would be a Spyder.
    What would you buy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI2hXgY21XQ

Sp2.JPG (25 KB | 29 )
Sp2.JPG

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Lottery Car
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 12:22am

Yeah, Baby!

Sp1.JPG (34 KB | 40 )
Sp1.JPG

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 12:31am

Next I'd get a Jeep Gladiator but with more aggressive tires than the one pictured, like BF Goodrich Mud Terrains. I'd probably keep my old Suzuki Grand Vitara for when I want to mingle incognito with the poor folk.

jeep.JPG (34 KB | 37 )
jeep.JPG

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 6:31am

was discussing this in the suana sunday.

My knees no longer bend very well, so no point in getting a low profile sports car. Just couldn't get in and out of one and there's nowhere in the uk you can realistically drive one much beyond 3rd gear anyway.

so I'm going to take my a fair chunk of cash and invest in a couple of more 'practical' vehicles from the Aquada line up Smiley

So I'll have a customised Phibian. With covered load bay, cab with toilet and cooking facilities and fishing chairs Smiley
Still not sure what I'm talking about ?
Watch this:

Then depending on how much I've got left, I might also get a quadski and the original aquada jetboat/car.
So a quadbike that turns into a jetski and a convertible sports car that turns into a jetboat Smiley
https://www.gibbsamphibians.com/platform/phibian/

But the truck that turns into a decent fishing boat - that's my number one lottery vehicle.
I figure by the time I've had it fully customised (longer and wider load bay, fishing setup as mentioned above and possibly a small low cabin bed in the hull if there's any room)  it'll be the thick end of £350,000 and change Smiley
But that's for a truck AND a jet boat. No mooring fees, no launch hassle, no real limitations on where you use it: rivers, canals, lakes, sea. No trailers to deal with.

Looking at them the humdinga looks bigger to me - but they say the phibian is the largest.

I reckon that#s a good bit wider - so probably easier to customise.

Thats what lottery wins are for right Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 8:10am

Well if were talking new cars , I think I would go for a unimog
With a decent living space on the back .

If we're talking full fantasy including old cars with crazy modifications
I'd take a te27 Corolla with 4wd, a crazy suspension adjustment hydraulics and a substantial motor swap. Look street but go bush

image_156.jpeg (38 KB | 52 )
image_156.jpeg
image_157.jpeg (43 KB | 47 )
image_157.jpeg

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 9:05am

Clearly one of the James Bond cars would be my first choice, closely followed by a Bradley Fighting Vehicle.

https://www.007james.com/articles/list_of_james_bond_cars.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Fighting_Vehicle

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 1:43pm

cyber truck would be good
it can't withstand projectiles though Sad

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 3:10pm

you're a multi millionaire - why are you living in a war zone ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #8 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 4:08pm

I would use the funds to construct a very efficient 1 person, human-electric hybrid velocar, and if there are others interested in such a lightweight, efficient vehicle, produce more and sell them.

This vehicle would use standard bicycle components, have 4 identical wheels for good stability, a ~1000-2000 wH battery pack and a 500-1000 watt motor. It would only take about 250 watts of input to reach 50 kph.

Downhill it would reach extreme speeds to its very low drag coefficient. Thus a good regen system will help regain a lot of energy and spare the brakes.

m_cad_1.jpg (25 KB | 38 )
m_cad_1.jpg

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #9 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 4:46pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Nov 26th, 2019 at 3:10pm:

I was planning to sling at it, sling proof would make it much more fun.

also what I want to experience is the acceleration and speed of an e-bike even though i dont ride motorcycles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCwPz3m5_UY ; @11:50 & @13:57

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #10 - Nov 28th, 2019 at 12:36am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Nov 26th, 2019 at 3:10pm:

You’ve obviously never driven a tank before... I don’t know that I would ever pay these prices, but you don’t need a war to drive around in a tank:
https://www.drivetanks.com/

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 11:59am

I could always combine my sports car and off roader in one vehicle with the Lamborghini LM002. Back in the mid eighties and early nineties Lamborghini actually made an off road vehicle.  If you ever want to go 118 mph through the woods this is your truck.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_LM002

002_003.JPG (27 KB | 30 )
002_003.JPG

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:04pm

or just get a rangerover Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar)