Send Topic Print
Slingers vs Zombies (Read 2572 times)
Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Slingers vs Zombies
Reply #15 - Nov 27th, 2019 at 11:06am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Nov 27th, 2019 at 10:54am:
you are of course ignoring the fact that slingers are not stupid.

We would make specific anti zombie ammo.
Explosive incendiaries would be my ammo of choice. And yes I can make incendiary missiles from a LOT of different things. whistle

Body shots are much easier than headshots.  Plus a good incendiaty will splash and set more than one zombie on fire.

Incendiary is good against a living target, but against a zombie all you get is a zombie that's now also on fire Cheesy Never know why they use that in all the zombie films when it just wouldn't work against enemies that don't feel pain.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #16 - Nov 27th, 2019 at 2:39pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Nov 27th, 2019 at 8:52am:
They're going to keep coming and coming, and will never stop.

it's 5 vs 100 zombies not infinite...

Kick wrote on Nov 27th, 2019 at 11:06am:
Incendiary is good against a living target, but against a zombie all you get is a zombie that's now also on fire Cheesy Never know why they use that in all the zombie films when it just wouldn't work against enemies that don't feel pain.

I don't know what kind of zombies we are fighting... walking dead zombies are easier to kill since they are attracted by fire, put a fire in a comfortable distance and then sling at them.

if they are unaffected by all feelings(sight,pain-touch, sound) except smell then we have lost unless we smell like them, because if they follow smell they will follow us even if we split and maneuver cleverly , smell can't be distracted as easily as sight and hearing , except maybe with fire in such case fire could be a good deterrent/stealth shield, a curtain between you and them until you finish the job.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #17 - Nov 27th, 2019 at 3:55pm

Sarosh wrote on Nov 27th, 2019 at 2:39pm:
joe_meadmaker wrote on Nov 27th, 2019 at 8:52am:
They're going to keep coming and coming, and will never stop.

it's 5 vs 100 zombies not infinite...

I just meant the 100 zombies aren't going to take break, so the slingers won't get one.  They will keep coming after the slingers until either the zombies or slingers are all dead.

IP Logged

yonderstone

The valiant never taste
of death but once.

Oregon
Reply #18 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 4:26am

Stones break bones.. and with each break, the zombies would be less formidable even without head shots. As is so often the case, the skills and abilities of the slingers would be likely the deciding factor.. I would probably just run away.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #19 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 1:17pm

The poster, TCP, set the scenario.  Only headshots count. If body shots are effective in this scenario then I like the slingers chances more but they're not. I can hit a man sized target from a fair distance most of the time.  A head sized target not so much.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15)