Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hello from eastern shore md. USA (Read 3608 times)
Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Hello from eastern shore md. USA
Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:49am

Welcome from downunder !!
Beautiful stuff , may I ask what guitar factory your working at ??
Guitars and bows are my kryptonite financially.
Well actually any fancy bits of craft work usually gets my attention

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 1:46am

Saacson wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:47pm:
Thank you. Yeah, I would consider a trade. I think that a traditional elbo or hook boomerang would have to be relatively small to make a small loop. A multiblader has a lot of lift so it would also be an option. How big is your yard? What do you have to trade?

I’ve been making a lot of asymmetric slings lately.  I would be happy to make one of those for you. I attached a pic of a recent one I made for my wife. They have a leather pouch and finger loop with braided hemp cordage. There’s also my monkeys fist keychains like the one Timpa did a  couple videos on recently:
https://youtu.be/gGq1Xw3csUk
https://youtu.be/FDCjXUtomuI

As far as yard size, I can’t do bigger than about a 25’ loop. The best boomerang reference I can offer is that I recently made a King-of-Random style 4-blade boomerang (https://youtu.be/BTkSpOdcl5U )from two 12” paint stir sticks glued together. It works in my yard if I stand in the right place. The pine sticks are just too soft and get chewed up really fast.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Saacson
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Md USA
Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 5:00am

Mersa wrote on Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:49am:
Welcome from downunder !!
Beautiful stuff , may I ask what guitar factory your working at ??
Guitars and bows are my kryptonite financially.
Well actually any fancy bits of craft work usually gets my attention

Thanks. I work at Prs. Lots of craftsmen there. My buddy just made a rosewood riser laminated with brass. Its a beast. I am looking forward to making some throw sticks in the future.
I am a lover of the mandolin. You guys have a world class mando maker named Gilchrist! I’d love to play one of those bad boys!
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2019 at 9:36am by Saacson »  

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #18 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 5:43am

Wow PRS are beautiful guitars , I'd love to own one one day , there my favorite electric guitars , but at heart I'm an acoustic kid and love my martins.

IP Logged

Saacson
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Md USA
Reply #19 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 9:33am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 15th, 2019 at 1:46am:
Saacson wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:47pm:
Thank you. Yeah, I would consider a trade. I think that a traditional elbo or hook boomerang would have to be relatively small to make a small loop. A multiblader has a lot of lift so it would also be an option. How big is your yard? What do you have to trade?

I’ve been making a lot of asymmetric slings lately.  I would be happy to make one of those for you. I attached a pic of a recent one I made for my wife. They have a leather pouch and finger loop with braided hemp cordage. There’s also my monkeys fist keychains like the one Timpa did a  couple videos on recently:
https://youtu.be/gGq1Xw3csUk
https://youtu.be/FDCjXUtomuI

As far as yard size, I can’t do bigger than about a 25’ loop. The best boomerang reference I can offer is that I recently made a King-of-Random style 4-blade boomerang (https://youtu.be/BTkSpOdcl5U )from two 12” paint stir sticks glued together. It works in my yard if I stand in the right place. The pine sticks are just too soft and get chewed up really fast.

Very nice sling! My wife tried slinging some walnuts for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it. She is a natural. She still makes fun of me when I braid though. She asks how my crocheting is going! Ha!Ha!Ha!
I have some hard wood. Oak is probably the best choice. Its very durable. I had an oak rang hit a soccer goal post full force and didn’t do much at all to it.

IP Logged

Saacson
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Md USA
Reply #20 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 11:40am

Mersa wrote on Nov 15th, 2019 at 5:43am:
Wow PRS are beautiful guitars , I'd love to own one one day , there my favorite electric guitars , but at heart I'm an acoustic kid and love my martins.

I am an acoustic guy too. Martins are excellent sounding guitars! Their factory is a stones throw away from us. (Pun intended)

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #21 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 5:04pm

Again I'm jellous , sounds like a great spot to work , and that close to the Martin factory , I'd love to visit both one day , but I'm in the land down under so every trip is costly.
Would love to work with wood and be more of a crafts man , I'm an arborist so I work with wood but it's living (or about to die).
Your a slinger, archer and craftsmen. Sounds like my type of guy. Any chance you do some woodsman stuff , hunt and play chess??

IP Logged

Saacson
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Md USA
Reply #22 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 6:36pm

Yes. I deer hunt with a recurve bow.  I like being outside in the winter months and venison is great! I had to take this year off because my shoulder started bothering me. I hope next year to get back to it. Are you a hunter? I’m sure there is some great hunting down under. Can’t imagine the diverse species there. I watch the “Snake Boss” sometimes. I didn’t know there were so many pythons and poisonous snakes down there.
Yes I play chess. It has been awhile since I played. I saw a russian play once. It blew my mind. He told his opponent to pick a square on the board and thats where he would put him in check mate. He totally did it and narrated what he was doing the whole time. His opponent and I just looked at each other with our eyes bugged out. I was next in line. He won. But he gave me a comliment. Chess is weird in that it is so diverse in the playing field. For instance. I played all my friends one day and beat them all. Mostly because I was studying the game and they weren’t. Then I get on line and a seven year old kid beats me! Ha!Ha!Ha!
You are an arborist. That is interesting. Trees are so awesome! I love them. I have pine, maple, cypress and Holly in my yard. My last name means “garden of holly”.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2019 at 9:57pm by Saacson »  

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #23 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 11:20pm

Yo from South Jersey!

IP Logged

Saacson
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Md USA
Reply #24 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 3:55pm

Yo, My wife is from south jersey! Her pops had a store in pennsauken back in the 80’s

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #25 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 6:41pm

I actually was raised in south Jersey.  But couldn't deal with it anymore

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #26 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 7:28pm

Pm sent  Wink

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #27 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 8:00pm

Saacson wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 3:55pm:
Yo, My wife is from south jersey! Her pops had a store in pennsauken back in the 80’s

I'm not very far from Pennsuaken. I'm in Camden County in a tiny town called Erial. It's part of Gloucester Township.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Chris)