Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The trash sling challenge! (Read 9564 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: The trash sling challenge!
Reply #30 - Mar 4th, 2020 at 10:44pm

Ok... the prize:
One NOOC-designed asymmetric tennis ball sling made from 425 paracord and an up-cycled leather couch. I’ll even throw in the tennis ball Smiley

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #31 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 2:14am

Mine was only one material too :/ I might improve it and get video of throwing if the weather can behave. Yesterday out annoyed heavily and then melted completely so the ground is slushy mud. Fun.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #32 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 4:02am

Nice prize!!
I’m happy with your conclusions, I did miss the mark On the rules but I’m also happy with my submission.
Probably not going to steal any win as I feel one submission is fair and was totally my mistake on not reading the rules. Hopefully a few more people join the quest.
Be great to see some more creativity.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #33 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 2:13pm

The rules did say multiple submissions are allowed. Joe is going to be hard to beat anyway, and it doesn’t really give him enough credit if he wins because nobody else met the criteria. You never know... I might even come up with a second place prize Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #34 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 3:58pm

Nice looking sling NOC!

I'll admit I'm completely torn.  I would like to win it, but I'd love seeing some other submissions as well.

IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #35 - Mar 11th, 2020 at 5:59am

OK, I have the pouch part done, only the cords left... And the video (most tricky part since I have an "old" camera and a dumbphone...)

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #36 - Mar 11th, 2020 at 7:16am

I’m looking forward to another trash submission.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #37 - Mar 13th, 2020 at 1:15am

Awesome!  I can’t wait to see it Caldou.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #38 - Mar 13th, 2020 at 1:43pm

I forgot all about it, i will try to dig something up

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #39 - Mar 16th, 2020 at 6:27pm

I actually had a go at it today,  but unfortunately it was a failure that would make me look like an idiot. Lol. In a funny way.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #40 - Mar 16th, 2020 at 8:32pm

Oh man!  If you're not posting a video, you better provide some more details!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #41 - Mar 17th, 2020 at 5:59pm

Is there a way to push back the time limit ? I have less time for me now that I have my kids and my wife 24H a day at home, and no way to get out to try the sling...

Covid-19 really has a bad timing :p

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #42 - Mar 18th, 2020 at 3:53am

joe_meadmaker wrote on Mar 16th, 2020 at 8:32pm:
Oh man!  If you're not posting a video, you better provide some more details!  Cheesy

I might throw it up for giggles we shall see. I still haven actually seen the video

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #43 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 9:49pm

Caldou wrote on Mar 17th, 2020 at 5:59pm:
Is there a way to push back the time limit ? I have less time for me now that I have my kids and my wife 24H a day at home, and no way to get out to try the sling...

Covid-19 really has a bad timing :p

Sorry Caldou,
This challenge has been open since November 10, 2019. There was plenty of time before the quarantines swept around the globe, and you still have 5 more days to try. The rules didn’t say you can’t do the throwing part indoors Grin

I  totally understand the lack of  leisure time with quarantines... I have 3 kids under 6 years old in the house, and my wife and I have to get work done for our jobs with crazy, bored kids running around. My wife is also pregnant with kid #4, and she feels nauseous a lot, so I do most of the cooking.    Free time just doesn’t exist in my house, and it’s tough, but hang in there.

Try to focus on the blessings more than the things you might miss out on. For example, my youngest son took his first steps yesterday, and I was only home to see it because of the quarantine!  If you miss the chance to throw a tennis ball from a piece of trash, it’s a very small loss in the end, but even if you don’t make the deadline, I hope you will show off your creation Smiley

IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #44 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 9:58am

Don't worry, I wasn't really serious Wink I have enough slings at home to be able to restrain from crying if I don't have one more Smiley

I will still try to complete my sling, it is a fun project (is there bonus points if you use a trashed trash bag ? :p )

Good luck with your almost 4 kids ! I have wayyyy enough with only 2 ^^

And the contest rules says that I can't do the throwing part indoors... Not the House Rule, especially when the Rule Enforcer is at home instead of going to work like she usually do ! :p

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)