Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Best Scary Movie or Book Ever (Read 2301 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Best Scary Movie or Book Ever
Reply #15 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 6:23am

kings best stuff was done in his early days under the name richard bachman.
The bachman books are excellent.
He aso wrote an excellent book: the talisman, with peter straub.
Thoroughly recommend that.

As far as horror goes - never really been a fan. It's just too easy to write, and none of it ever really horrifies me.

I did read one book that sort of stuck in my mind. No idea who wrote it or what it was called  - but a couple went round scrambling peoples frontal lobes with a cheese wire inserted under the eyebone.
That was pretty scary.

But the undead, ghosts, zombies, monsters - none of these things scare me in any way.

Filmwise pretty much the only horror film that sticks in my mind was the second hellraiser film.
Can't remember why.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #16 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 12:21am

Morphy wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 2:50pm:

Awesome!

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #17 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 10:25pm

Movies or books that I find the scariest are generally movies about hauntings, which is odd since I live in a totally haunted house and that doesn't scare me at all.
    Movies that have never scared me even a little are slasher movies. I find them all comical.  Or just plain stupid.  Nightmare on Elm Street movies crack me up.  I love Freddy's sense of humor. Shark movies don't scare  me at all either.  I respect what sharks can do but I'm just not afraid of them.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #18 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:26am

Rat Man wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 10:25pm:
    Movies or books that I find the scariest are generally movies about hauntings, which is odd since I live in a totally haunted house and that doesn't scare me at all.
    Movies that have never scared me even a little are slasher movies. I find them all comical.  Or just plain stupid.  Nightmare on Elm Street movies crack me up.  I love Freddy's sense of humor. Shark movies don't scare  me at all either.  I respect what sharks can do but I'm just not afraid of them. 

I wouldn't mind experiencing a benign haunting. Seems like the majority of paranormal stuff I've experienced was more of a demonic flavor so I guess I'm in the same boat as you. I'm really only scared of haunting type movies.

Another good movie if you haven't seen it is "It Follows". Sort of a mix between haunting and slasher movie. Very interesting concept. I liked it al ot.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man)