Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What are you learning about right now? (Read 2037 times)
JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Re: What are you learning about right now?
Reply #15 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 1:54pm

My latest practical project is modding nerf guns. I'm still pretty new to it, but I want to brass breach and add a beastly spring to one I have... possibly getting as much as 200-300 fps.

Also ordered in my own 3D printer recently (mostly for work) but it will probably be interesting getting it set up properly.

I'm also cooking a lot more these days, I'm trying to do a proper chef job on almost all of my meals (2 a day usually), and actually really enjoying it, I've probably never been healthier and eat like a king every day! Pretty odd considering up to recently I hated it...

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #16 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 6:38pm

Gonna learn how to butcher my chickens this week. Been waiting, but cant wait any longer unfortunately

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #17 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:00am

not fun, chickens are real characters. I'd keep them for eggs, but not for meat.

what printer you getting pete ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #18 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 2:58pm

Everything about E-waste scrapping. Aside from the tradeschool I go to I started an E-waste pick-up business. I advertise to individuals and small companies, pick up their e-waste, process it, sell it. It's fun and pays a little. We're talking mostly old pcs, dvd players, oddball stuff and getting the copper, circuit boards, alu out of it and selling them as scrap. Athough I am not selling my copper and brass, I am stacking it. Copper price should increase in the next 10 years, with EVs becoming a major thing.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #19 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 9:05am

Are you harvesting the gold too?  That’s a popular hobby... especially if you can find a good source of old Pentium chips.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #20 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 4:21pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:00am:
not fun, chickens are real characters. I'd keep them for eggs, but not for meat.

what printer you getting pete ?

I've got an Ender 3. Done a couple of test prints on it so far and seems pretty good.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner)