Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tablet Question (Read 310 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Re: Tablet Question
Reply #15 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 9:44pm

Iím no Apple fanboy, but CAís arguments are purely anecdotal, and I can pull the same trick... Iím typing this message on an iPhone 5, and Apple just released the 11th generation iPhone this month. Iíve dropped mine plenty, but a $20 case has protected my phone for years! 

@Morphy: If youíre considering a MS Surface, you might also look at the Lenovo Yoga series.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Slinging.org Administrator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #16 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 6:30am

anecdotal = based on long professional experience as an it expert Smiley
Worked on most aspects of apple kit over the years. Even done data recovery, even there, they screw the customer.
The harddrive file system apple use has 2 layers.
Files are divided into categories and each category is stored in it's own large file.  IT means you can get a few more files on smaller discs - again a money saving tactic.
So when the index on the harddrive goes down (the most common issue with harddrives) all you can recover are the large files - what you can't do is get at any of the individual files you actually need.
Every single aspect of apple's setup is designed to screw the customer.
I did once recover files from an apple drive for someone that all her local pc people said couldn't be done. In that case the Index was fine, no idea why anyone else had problems with it.
I do know what I'm doing.

And as I said the older apple stuff - while still massively overpriced - was slightly better made.

Maybe jobs had a bit of a guilty conscience, the people running the company now - certainly don't.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One †- works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Interfector Viris Spurii

Checkmate

Reply #17 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 12:07am

I had been looking at the Lenova Yoga, specifically the Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd) gen just hours before you mentioned it NOOC. Nice looking machine and people rave about it. Price range is pretty good as well.

Only thing I've read bad about them is they can be delicate, some screen issues and poor customer service on returns. Still, every single machine has people with bad experiences who will tell you that particular tablet/laptop is complete garbage.

I think I've decided to nix the Samsung Tab S6. Not considering anymore for several reasons.

"The problem with democracy is no matter who you vote for the government still gets in."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)