Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Natural paracord alternative (Read 1478 times)
AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Natural paracord alternative
Aug 27th, 2019 at 4:48pm

I bought some natural alternative paracord. 4mm braided hemp cord, not twine. It slings really nice.
The sling is more silent than a paracord alternative, it has less a sharp sound and more of a little puff from the release cord. Of course it's a little less durable than paracord and a little more expensive, but I like it

hempcord.jpg (289 KB | 64 )
hempcord.jpg

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Natural paracord alternative
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2019 at 10:47am

It does look very similar to paracord. Wish we had that around here.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2019 at 11:56pm

You can always spend hours and hours making your own Morphy. This is 8 strands of hemp from the craft section at Walmart.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 1:01pm

Looking good Nooc.   Cheesy

My first Apache sling used that hemp cordage from Walmart. It seems to feel better and better the more it's used. Seems like it softens up nicely without losing too much strength.

Here's one I made using it that I never finished. Still not sure exactly where I was going with it but it will eventually get done when things get a bit less hectic.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 1:54pm

Hmm, these cords really don't last long.  The release cord is already in really bad shape after a few days of slinging. I untied them. 4 mm thin hemp cords are too weak.
Maybe if they are braided its better.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:19pm

Looks like you used more than 8 strands on your there Morphy. It looks amazing.  Must’ve taken forever!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Chris, vetryan15, Morphy, joe_meadmaker)